Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Easy block repair?

Discussion in 'Survival' started by SpaceStick, Mar 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. SpaceStick Trainee Engineer

Currently it's very easy to damage/destroy blocks but it takes forever to repair them, not to mention when you actually lose the blocks and have to figure out where they were first etc. The only workaround there is currently is to disable destroying blocks completely in the server settings so you don't lose the blocks in combat or crashes in the first place.

Would it be possible to make the game remember somehow, how your ship looked before, so you can turn on some kind of holo overlay (while "on foot" with welder), which would work similar to the stationary projector we have in the game already for automatic ship making? I really lost all appetite for combat and similar activities because of how it currently works (build couple of hours, get it broken/destroyed in seconds).

Or maybe as a band-aid add a server setting for "(armor)block durability" or something, so it takes much longer to destroy the blocks?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  2. DragonShadow Apprentice Engineer

For me the easiest way was to simply build a projector into my designs. Then all you have to do is make sure the projector is still there and powered and the entire blueprint is there for repair/refit.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mollymawk Trainee Engineer

Small grid .. use as a disposable item. Scratched the paint while parking? Then throw it in a grinder pit and print a new ship.

I dont use it but there in the nanite factory thing, if it still works.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  4. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@SpaceStick your projector does not have to be stationary. You can have one on your ship, and make it overlay your ship like you wanted. Also there is a mod that is supposed to make the armor blocks tougher. Will see if I can find the link.

Found the link:
    Reinforced Armor

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.