Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

"Eco" survival - Solar and Hydrogen

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Cassey, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Cassey Apprentice Engineer

Tried my hand at running a scenario with minimal Uranium - just enough to get bootstraped using the rescue ship.

Was surprised to discover I couldn't move all the hydrogen I had stockpiled at my base to my hydrogen powered ship? Did I miss something? The path from base to ship does go through sorting blocks, but they don't seem to have a hydrogen gas setting.

2. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

maybe try setting stockpile on the hydrogen tank of the ship you wish to fill up?

3. Cassey Apprentice Engineer

Will do! No idea if that is turned on or not, but will check.

4. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

sorry if this seems elementary
    but just ensure all the blocks are connected properly and they're turned on.

although let it be known i have never transferred gases between ships....i would only guess turning on stockpiling would help.

if all else fails connect it directly by connectors and see if that helps.

5. Cassey Apprentice Engineer

Everything is connected fine, the base tanks have been nicely filling as spare ice has been delivered, and are conneted to large cargo units that I pull from routinely, so no worries there. Just need to find some time to go test...

6. Roxette Senior Engineer

Yes... although I don't know if it's actually stated anywhere useful for inexperienced players to see, there is currently no possibility in the game to transfer gaseous inventory between containers. Sorry... I know its a common mistake, because I've found plenty of new players on my server doing similar. Your best bet is to convert the base to a ship or just write off the ice... or leave the ship connected and wait for its tank to fill from the generators.

That was outdated information, see below :)

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  7. odizzido Junior Engineer

if you set the tank you want to fill the stockpile it will fill itself from any other connected tanks. I do it all the time.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Roxette Senior Engineer

Wow... that never used to work at all, I guess I missed the changelog where they actually made it possible, thanks :)

Having done some testing, it's worth noting for the OP's question, that gas will flow through sorting blocks irrespective of their configuration settings, including when switched off, but only in the direction of the arrow.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Calaban Junior Engineer

well, that gives those partially damaged (and filled) H2 tanks at the MRE sites in the Escape From Mars scenario a whole new purpose.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.