Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Economy Update - Hauling Mission Woes...

Discussion in 'General' started by Spaceman Spiff, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

So I'm playing the new economy update, grinding through the space credit earning process in my effort to bust a billion SCs because...hey...why not? I got a hauling mission from a station on the Alien planet to a deep space station run by CLDE to deliver a package. But the CLDE station is red, indicating they "no likey me", so I am unable to access the contracts machine so I can deliver the package (although I was able to freely walk right into the station). Now what do I do? Is this a...gasp...bug!?! Say it ain't so!

2. Harrison Burr Trainee Engineer

I just logged in here to write the same thing...I find it dumb that I have to not only pay money, but LOSE the 10 rep as well for a mission that is literally impossible to complete because it doesn't even tell you where you have to deliver or any other useful details. You're telling me they make me pay money and rep for a job I know nothing about yet, then tell me to fly to an enemy station that won't even accept the goods they asked for?

Keen...what's up?

3. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Yeah! Yeah!! Now that's what I'm talking about!!! And all this time I thought it was just me. (I also discovered that you can't operate an advanced assembler (don't know about the basic assembler) and operate a jump drive at the same time (it'll work, but you just don't "jump" anywhere; is this like walking and chewing bubblegum at the same time?).

4. Malware Master Engineer

How are the contractors going to know that the faction of the target station don't like you? That's your job to find out ;)

5. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

And "Bah!" to you, sir!!

6. Lord Grey Apprentice Engineer

Like you have no idea what kind of ship is up for sale if you not already examined the specific ship. Would be good to have an info tap or something. With Grid size, space /moon or planet enabled, and available blocks and cargo size. The same applies for the information to a target of a delivery job. I had to deliver to a planet, and I had only a space ship. Really, infos about the target faction and if located on a moon, planet or in space would be the absolut minimum of information you need.
    What exactly didn't work? I have no problem with assemblers and jump drives up till now. I converted a captured RUST Freighter into a mobile manufacturing and jump from station to station with it.

7. ObjectZero Apprentice Engineer

You would think that would be in the basic info for any and all contracts for hauling things. Most people and corp's that want something moved want to many sure the person they hired to do the delivery can do the job. There are some space shipping managers that needed to be fired.

8. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

The current world I'm playing won't let me jump when an assembler is assembling. It goes through the light show and everything, but I don't move and no energy is consumed. I'm still investigating. It's probably just a hitch in the get-along.

9. Lord Grey Apprentice Engineer

Have to try this. But if it is confirmed, we definately should report it on the support page.

10. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I did report it, but asked KSH to remove the report. I have been able to reproduce the bug, but only sporadically, so I'm not able to describe what's causing the problem in any sort of definitive and concise manner. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out the perfect combination that's causing the problem (it's a consistent problem in the survival map that I'm currently playing where I'm exercising the economy update missions pretty hard as I iterate to my personal goal of collecting 1,000,000,000 space credits). And, as I've said before, that and $10 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

11. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@Spaceman Spiff good luck on the billion SC goal.. I am past 100 Million and already kinda getting burned out lol

12. Oskar1101 Apprentice Engineer

I guess you never played elite dangerous :D

13. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I'm over 400 million now and burning out myself...

[​IMG]

14. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@Oskar1101 I tried it out, can't say I really played it since after about an hour or so it didn't hook me. :(
    Not saying it was bad, it just wasn't what I was looking for I guess? :)

@Spaceman Spiff I stand corrected over 250 Mil here lol. Got most of mine selling ore and completing acquisitions. Did a haul or 2 but it seems more profitable to me just to keep doing those acquisitions.. that is just me though. lol

15. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Yeah, acquisitions can earn a lot. I've sold a fair amount of uranium and platinum ingots, sometimes for 10+ million SCs at a time.

16. odizzido Junior Engineer

I don’t have a lot of experience yet but I find it pretty strange how the hauling missions won’t give you any info on package size or weight.

17. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Nor do the hauling contracts tell you to whom you're delivering them. I've saved each new station location, and I don't accept the hauling contract if the station is an "enemy" faction. How do I know, you ask? I look at the distance given for the hauling contract, then scan around at all my HUD-enabled GPS locations until I find one of my saved locations at the proper distance. Of course, this only works if you've fulfilled a lot of hauling contracts and have a buttload of locations mapped. At nearly 800,000,000 credits earned (again, my goal for this SP game is one billion), I've been about everywhere there is to go (on this map, at least); if I remember correctly, the furthest distance between any two stations is over 50,000 km.

18. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

From what I recall, there's a lot of information missing in the contracts area. There's tons of empty space in the description area. But only a smidgen of text from the details is available. Keen should fix this. I signed up for a delivery that was about 20!!!! jumps away with a single jump drive. The pay wasn't even worth it considering the hours of round trip there.

19. KissSh0t Master Engineer

One of these days I will find uranium.

Actually... need to find gold too.

then.... I can do hauling mission :woot: