Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Economy Update - Undiscovered Factions

Discussion in 'General' started by urthsong, Sep 5, 2019.

1. urthsong Trainee Engineer

I have a Single Player Survival game that I've been playing for over a year. When the Economy update came out, I enabled the Economy feature, created a faction for myself, and started to check things out. I have discovered trading stations in space and on moons and have completed a few acquisition missions. But when I pull up the Faction menu, there are only "Undiscovered" factions showing, even though I have traded with three of them so far. I even approached a faction freighter to see if that would "discover". Approaching their ships and trading with them has not revealed any of these factions in the Faction menu. Do I have to turn some other feature on -- like Progression -- to get the faction standing working?

Any help appreciated.

2. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Have you traveled to all the planets/moons yet? I think some factions are spread out over the map so you'll have to find them.

3. urthsong Trainee Engineer

Ronin1973, I have not traveled to all planets/moons since the update, but I have been to a few of the trading posts already. Is there a specific facility I must visit to "discover" a faction? Why didn't the three faction owned trading posts I visited mark the factions as "discovered" in the Faction screen once I interacted with their trading posts?

4. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@urthsong Once you interact with a faction you found, I think you have to do several contracts first before it switches from undiscovered in your list. That is what seemed to happen in my case. After completing about 5 or 6 contracts they were at the bottom of my list under all the other undiscovered. So I am thinking you have to get your rep to a certain level before it changes from undiscovered to showing the actual name of the faction you have discovered.

5. urthsong Trainee Engineer

@mojomann71, thanks for the suggestion, I will try that. I purchased a datapad from one of the trading posts which gives a faction Station location, which I'm going to visit to see if that makes any difference.

6. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

If you're talking about the station beacons changing from white to green (indicating a "friendly" trading partner instead of a "neutral" trading partner), you have to gain a lot of reputation points (500+ for each) for that to occur. If you're talking about something else...well...I'm fresh out of ideas.

I've been trading and selling and earning rep points like some crazy door-to-door salesman using my relatively new ship, Triggerfish (up to 16,000-km jumps at a time!), to bounce from station to station. I'm over 600,000,000 space credits (my goal is a billion, because, why not?), and I've traded enough with a couple of them to go into the green. But that's about it.

I don't know how many factions were listed when I started, but my list has 17 right now.

7. urthsong Trainee Engineer

@Spaceman Spiff , no, what I'm talking about is the faction list. For me, there is a list of around ten with the name, "Undiscovered". I think mojomann71 is correct, and I need to complete several contracts before the faction name is displayed. IMHO the faction name should be displayed in the faction list (shown in the faction tab) as soon as you enter the protected zone of one of its stations for the first time.

8. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I don't remember any factions listed as "Undiscovered," but, then again, I really wasn't looking at the faction list early on in my game (also doing SP survival).

9. Cyber Cheese Apprentice Engineer

This sounds like a bug to me. I discover factions as soon as I enter render ranger of any of their stations.

10. RkyMtnDude Apprentice Engineer

i may be wrong but I think that also having a datapad with their GPS discovers them as well... At least that's what seemed to happen in my SP session.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I agree. The GPS location of the first station was on the data pad I found in the respawn module at the start of the game I'm now playing.

12. RkyMtnDude Apprentice Engineer

yes... and if you go to the station and buy more datapads they will will also be added and be discovered/listed

13. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Any datapad I have gotten from a store has been blank.......

14. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Hey, I just unlocked the "Friend of the Factions" achievement by exceeding 500 reputation points for a third faction; doing so leaves me with only have three left that are neutral; all the rest are now enemies. I am now "friends" with RVIV (Revolutionary Inventor), RTTR (Righteous Traders), and UVDR (Universal Drillers). I'm only lacking two achievements in SE now...I've Got a Present for You and Smile and Wave...because I hardly every play MP. I need to hook up with someone so I can check off those last two achievements. Then my life will be complete.
    --- Automerge ---
    Gee, I didn't know that.

15. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Tried again buying a data pad from a NPC, it was as empty as my head... :woot:

16. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I bought 19 data pads from one station's machine. All but one were either enemy stations or duplicates. And the one that wasn't s duplicate was 36,000+ km away.

• Like Like x 1
  17. urthsong Trainee Engineer

I will probably log a bug report after I test out a few more things. So far, even after running more economy missions, the only undiscovered faction in the Faction tab is mine :p I even committed suicide to see if that would reset something. What I have not tried yet is to check if building some of the economy blocks -- like the store -- will have an effect.