Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Editing Collision Meshes

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Exsolutus, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Exsolutus Trainee Engineer

I would like to mod the collision meshes of vanilla ship components (such as armor blocks). With the Havok tools discontinued, how do modders create/edit collision meshes and add them to their mwm(s)?

2. Digi Senior Engineer

3. Exsolutus Trainee Engineer

I have installed the tools provided from Shaostoul's guide. However, the program crashes on startup. Is this a problem with Windows 10?

4. Exsolutus Trainee Engineer

So, is it possible to just edit the bones in the xml to make the armor block collisions just a bit smaller? All I want is for blocks to slide across each other like normal physics, instead of having a magical repulsion force preventing them from ever quite touching. :p

5. Exsolutus Trainee Engineer

I'm back at it again. Still unable to use the Havok tool due to crash on startup. Memory Access Exception. As mentioned, I am on Windows 10. I have tried running with compatibility settings, no luck.

6. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

I believe in part 6 or so this guy goes into some details with examples of editing meshes.

I started watching because i plan to make a simple cheap construction block.

7. Exsolutus Trainee Engineer

OUCH! He sure puts the beat down on Keen. :D
    He's not wrong though.

I'll work through this, maybe I can get the Havok tools working this time

• Like Like x 1
  8. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

generally if i can't find help or instructions ...or mostly if im too lazy daft to... I'd usually end up reverse engineering working examples.
    or duplicating a working version and editing parts of it.

worked extremely well for starbound so far ^^ even if that is a 2d game that uses mostly simple code text files to work with.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.