Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Encounters are fun!

Discussion in 'General' started by Defcon, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Defcon Trainee Engineer

Really loving the new encounters, I always try and "solve the mystery" of what happened. Just wish those damn guns weren't so accurate when approaching! Maybe add a timer block that intermittently shuts them down for a few seconds then back on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Calaban Junior Engineer

I too like to try to investigate the scene to see what happened. Getting shot up and damaged makes me need to think about redundancy and damage survivability .. I mean what kind of an adventure would it be if my ships never needed repairs? Some of my best adventurous times is limping home and struggling to land intact.. much like that one old loading screen.

I do the exploration/investigation same in multiplayer, when patrolling the Moon. Its amazing the amount of character a half broke down landing rover and a half built up cave base, or a crashed space pod with scrabbled together solar panels can drive visually story-wise.

• Like Like x 1
  3. odizzido Junior Engineer

That's cool that you like them. I've yet to see them. I modded my hydrogen to take much more realistic amounts of power to create so it may take a bit to get off the planet I am on.

4. ObjectZero Apprentice Engineer

I yet to get near one. I'll I've seen of the encounters is the blinky red marker that I've been to busy mining to go off and explore.

5. Spaceman Spiff Junior Engineer

I took a run at a R.U.S.T. freighter with my new little ship "Carl the Hedgehog", disabled all the aft guns and most of the thrusters, then realized it had firewalled its throttles and was getting away. Fortunately, due to foresight or more likely just plain dumb luck, I had installed a jump drive on Carl. We popped a few kilometers ahead, I bailed out, and disabled the sucker. What a chase! I'm enjoying all these new space encounters a lot.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Soup Toaster Apprentice Engineer

I've only seen the RUST freighters in my new space start, what other kind of encounters did they add?

Are you just talking about stuff that other human characters left behind or is there stuff sitting around on the moon by default now?

Think I better go build my go-to little gunship and get out there!

7. Spaceman Spiff Junior Engineer

I don't think there's anything lying around on the planets now, as it was before this update, but I could be wrong. I'll take a squint myself.

I checked. Nada. I didn't find a thing on the moon except...me! (I even checked with Admin controls and I and my drop pod were the only entities around.)

8. Calaban Junior Engineer

In my previous post, the first part was about the single player encounters, the second part was about player generated content found in multiplayer.

Sorry for the confusion.

9. Soup Toaster Apprentice Engineer

Hey no problem, I'm just excited about finding new content. :) Heh, while cruising through space I found a little asteroid mine with a flying mining drone that wanted to grind me to death! Neat!

10. Silvrav Trainee Engineer

I have noticed this doesnt mean there arent any. I have done the same only to find some later.

Retesting it, it seams your body needs to be close by for it to generate and normal spectator mode and entity list wont show it

• Like Like x 1
  11. Spaceman Spiff Junior Engineer

I did a new start with Star System, and spawned on the Moon. I circumnavigated the entire planet without finding any signs, signals, or toots. It was as empty as a politician's promise. Maybe things spawn in later.

• Like Like x 1