Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Escape From Mars (Singleplayer / Co-op Scenario)

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Duckroll, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Yeoman Trainee Engineer

The flat part of the suspension goes down. The flat part where the wheel goes that is.

2. Arcturus Senior Engineer

OK. I thought the pointy end was an arrow pointing down towards the ground.

3. Yeoman Trainee Engineer

I remember it by seeing parallel lines. Ground and suspension.

4. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

could you provide a screenshot? I don't know what vehicle you are talking about.

5. starmindfr Apprentice Engineer

this one, its a "station" and 1/3 of it is sealed in ground

6. Calaban Junior Engineer

A Gatling turret makes a rather nice telescope that can look around while youre driving, just control the gun, and mousewheel zoom

Ive tried to bring that monstrosity to life, just to see if i could.

... not worth it. there is dirt voxels all through the lower half, and even with elite drill rt click clearing it all away, the diameter of hand drill clearing is not = to radius of large blocks.. so even with fastidious clearing it leaves little threads of voxels in the floor plates, and when you convert to ship- BOOM!

You would literally have to remove all the bottom half, and by that point you may as well just scrap it and rebuild anew anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Farindark Apprentice Engineer

Greetings

I rebuilt and heavily modified that wrecked GCorp vehicle. To get around the problem of it being a station and the fact that it is buried and you can't remove all the voxel dirt I allowed myself to log out and change the map to creative then went back in and copy pasted it right next to the buried one, then logged out and changed it back to survival.

I don't see that as cheating as the game engine just doesn't let you recover it otherwise. I still had to repair the wreck onsite enough to drive it back to my base at the ice mine. Once I had it back at the base I went off and stole the parts I needed to modify it as a mobile gun platform. :woot:

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Nickvr68 Junior Engineer

Having tons of fun with this scenario. I just looted my first convoy with my battlerover MK1, and learned much about how to make it better.

I thought I was being clever putting decoy inside the nose, away from critical systems, but it just makes the enemy turrets shoot my front tires off first...

Also, putting a ring of armor around the base of a small grid turret will make it significantly more durable.

My battlerover mk2 will be much better, I have learned more about Rover design and utilization in 3 hours of this, compared to a hundred hours of normal SE!

EDIT: Pictures of the battlerover MK1 will be posted once I can get to my computer.

9. odizzido Junior Engineer

Cool. I am always interested in seeing the designs other people come up with.

10. Nickvr68 Junior Engineer

So this has multiple design flaws, but it worked well against a single vehicle convoy and is decently maneuverable. The main changes I will be making ot this vehicle before I retire it will be to move the decoy from the nose (right behind that armor ramp) into the rear of the vehicle. This should make the enemy turrets miss more shots against me.

11. ViroMan Senior Engineer

Do we get the tech to build hydrogen thrusters? or is the only way off the planet to ...
    Because I am at the site and I still don't have hyd thrusters. I am thinking of doing some crat cray shit and dissecting the ship and taking the thrusters and putting them on my own ship with cranes and merge blocks.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  12. odizzido Junior Engineer

You cannot build hydrogen thrusters at any point.

Merge blocks seem like a good idea....you still need to get them out though. Drilling an 800m deep hole, or possibly going through the side since it's a crater, is quite the task from what I've seen. Maybe the best way would be to make an automated drill or something. It doesn't have to be super wide since you could as you said lift out the thrusters and use merge blocks to build a functional ship.

13. starmindfr Apprentice Engineer

What about large guns roovers against bases ? My first try show me that the rockets will destroy anything in 3 hits, need to be moving all the time but armor is just a joke even heavy armor. Could I know even in spoiler changes domes to ia turrets aiming or damages on ammos? I will try with a 300% damage mod decrease on any ammo type to see if base raids offer then some luck (as this only make them longer but then you have more time to adjust and see what happen)

14. odizzido Junior Engineer

I don't understand what your question is.

15. starmindfr Apprentice Engineer

Do you have a sample / picture of a "Large" block vehicule able to raid a ground base without dying, and that is only using things provided in Escape from Mars

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  16. Calaban Junior Engineer

Most of my rover have been large grid, made off of the roof of the crashed shuttle.

Granted theyre not for raiding bases (why would I raid a base with my respawn point?), but get the airtest site pretty well. (Large Grid Gatlings > interior turrets in that shootout), and effortlessly ROFLstomp convoys easily as well.

For raiding ground bases (typically just to get that juicy 55+ uranium ingots) I usually... umm hold on...

And by the way there Is another spaceworthy craft on that world... its... oops

Or if youre in a speedrun sort of mood, you could just

.. but that seems a little like cheating.

17. ViroMan Senior Engineer

I did not want to mess with the corp bases as they are spawn points for the convoys should I want some more material. As to your point about getting the thrusters out... I have already tunneled out an area big enough to export the thrusters through the side of the crater. I will make the crater the launch point.

So its... Make a crane system.
    Rip off the hyd thrusters and drop them on a (air/ground) vehicle and place it outside to be later placed on a ship.
    I will probably set up a solar array to charge a few batteries for the pure solar ship.
    Will probably even just use an air ship in the first place to lock onto the thruster to take and use it to place on the new ship as well.

I am however using a mod to give me emergency refinery and I am ONLY using it to refine the scrap steel as I had 13k of it.
    also a mod for the wall batteries... klang, I LOVE that mod.

18. odizzido Junior Engineer

Apparently there is a arc furnace or something on the map somewhere. I've never seen it though.

19. ViroMan Senior Engineer

wait... arc furnaces can eat scrap? I... did not know this.

20. Arcturus Senior Engineer

I tried to
    so can't escape that way.

21. starmindfr Apprentice Engineer

did you see that in a save file ? i have a look inside mine and no "furnace" anywhere...

22. odizzido Junior Engineer

I think I heard someone say it. It was a while ago now though.

If you've looked for it in the file I am going to assume it doesn't exist though.

23. Echillion Senior Engineer

@Duckroll since tonights update 1.181 the ground floor crane constantly spins around till it breaks without me touching it I tried to stop the rotation by using the buttons by it wouldn't have it then something broke off and it ground to a halt.

24. Duckroll Trainee Engineer

Okay, luckily the crane isn't essential. I can take a look. Is everything else working okay? Someone posted on steam saying it was "broken" after the update.

25. Echillion Senior Engineer

That was probably me on steam as well ( I didnt know which way to let you know so did both) the scrap trade with the collector still works wonderfully as for the furnace I haven't used that either before or after the 1.181 patch? I'm going to revert back to the 180 patch so I can carry on playing EFM without the singleplayer sim speed drops as I need to fly to take stuff to the Iguana.

26. starmindfr Apprentice Engineer

Any way to refine basic ores with miki scrap ? arc furnaces should refine cobalt but seems it will not detect it / accept ?

27. Arcturus Senior Engineer

- Crane spinning in circles endlessly (as you know)
    - Ground based convoy vehicles seem to be encountering very high friction and are almost immobile. They were working OK back on Wednesday.

28. Echillion Senior Engineer

It seems patch 1.181 has virtually screwed the entire game up!

29. tmike Apprentice Engineer

have you tryed starting a new wrold maybe pastiong it what you built with creative tools?

30. starmindfr Apprentice Engineer

Revert game to last beta in steam. All turrets are broken and maybe others is scripts like naviagtion

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.