Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Escape From Mars (Singleplayer / Co-op Scenario)

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Duckroll, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Robotnik V Apprentice Engineer

The only problem I've found is that the combat/raiding is slow to start. My only recommendation is that if you make another scenario, give us a small base with enough supplies to survive initially, and a hover bike with a few gatling guns. Besides that issue, you did a fantastic job on this scenario.

2. starmindfr Apprentice Engineer

One issue i have maybe due to my copy is that the planet seems to be cutted / pasted from 2 blocks, and their is some sort of not adjusted line that will kill any of my roover when i cross it faster that 5m/s

sample here

this line seems to make all planet turn, could be 2M hight and is near the game start zone, 3km of hcorp ground base. Not seeing it on time = insta death

About repairing the "gcorp ruined vehicule" it's a good one, but you need to rebuild / move the wheel suspension in another way, as it could brake most of the vehicule if the suspension move a little, also the "noose" of this thing tend to explode when climbing hills

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  3. Wicorel Senior Engineer

Convoy problems were caused by wheel changes. They should be fixed soon.

4. odizzido Junior Engineer

I have actually never hit a convoy. I never needed to because I had so much stuff.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ViroMan Senior Engineer

I have only hit three convoys... one for reactor components, and two for metal grates. BTW not gana play until wheels and turrets are fixed. Don't feel like reverting either so I guess I am out for a week at least.

6. Robotnik V Apprentice Engineer

So, how many people actually go after convoys?

7. starmindfr Apprentice Engineer

I goes 2 times, for solar cells and metal grids. Most funny was to meet theses very small buggy like insects on ground without heavy guns. I have not meet the "big group" of the screenshots, and Air convoys are far much pain as they tend to explode on ground or to boost speed at end.

8. Calaban Junior Engineer

i thought all others that went for flying convoys did what i did:

build a flyer specifically made to capture one: fwd gatlings to strip off its turret, then landing gear grips to grab its roof... and downward facing grinders to grind the batteries away so it doenst struggle as you take it back to base.

9. ViroMan Senior Engineer

That is a pretty good way to go about it. I don't even bother with the flyers.

btw I just tried the map today... ohh god flying sucks. at certain points on the map the ship decides that you are going a different direction all of a sudden and it gimbals your ship while you are at it... It starts flipping up and to the left or right... I have to fight it HARD with gyros until the force that was inflicted on the ship wears off. Ground vehicles... like fucking wow... they fixed the brakes. They actually work a lot better now.

edit: ohh and the turrets still don't shoot at things... Yours AND the enemy turrets don't shoot. Some times when the drones spawn there is like a 20% chance they will fire.

10. Arcturus Senior Engineer

I didn't do it:
    [​IMG]

After escaping Mars using the "repair" method, which was fun, I started again intending to try out raiding convoys and bases. However, it seems that the ground convoy vehicles have some issues. I found the one pictured above, and I didn't attack it.

11. ViroMan Senior Engineer

perhaps wheels were the death of it in that it hit the ground to hard while driving making it splody.

12. odizzido Junior Engineer

New major patch, new major bugs with any content that has been made.

13. Duckroll Trainee Engineer

The wheel height offset is ignored atm so they drag along the ground, and may break a bit on spawn as they have no wheels to bounce on. I can fix some of the issues introduced by recent patches but not all of them, so I recommend to just use 1.180 in steam for now

14. Ogliss Trainee Engineer

I saw this on W4stedspace's youtube channel recently and figured it sounded right up my ally and would give it a shot, Even with the turrets not working properly, sim speed of 0.6 from the start, im loving EFM! just made my account here so i can post, but ive got about 1.7k hours of SE logged on steam, first time ive found something that made me wanna sign up to comment on.

the salvager/scavenger role is one i really enjoy and often enforce upon myself in SE, as so many of the others have said, the POI's dotted around add So much more to the game, and the convoys are a really nice touch, ive only started playing it in the last few days, (with the current version of SE), im playing with about 45 other mods installed, nothing too unbalancing, just more options.

for anyone whos wonder, its probably Not a good idea to turn on environment hostility, theres a bunch of convoys stuck near one of the ground bases, most likely in a hole made by a strike :D

i had an interesting moment just now, i spied a medical supplies convoy, YES PRECIOUS SILVER!, fly over in my recently converted rover-plane thing, not expecting to get shot at since the ony time turrets have fired at me thus far is if im on foot, otherwise theyve totally ignored me, i fly from the flight research centre towards GCorp HQ and the convoy that's just left it, passing by the ground base by the research centre suddenly sim speed drops to 0.1-0.05 to to my left, towards the ground base, i see puffs of smoke, Lots of pufs of smoke, apparently the AI turrets dont like aircraft...... after awhile as i leave their targeting range, sim speed stabilises back at .6, and i continue towards the convoy, which promptly starts firing at me, just a single flyer, nothing too serious, except i only have a single turret (modded smaller gatt gun) and it wont fire, and trying to keep my Very gimpy, glitchy flyer steady is hard enough, without having to swap to the turret to try and shoot the damn thing, after doing and taking some minor damage i think sod this, fly back around and land 300m away from the convoy. and take over the turret and start firing from the ground while driving after it, not paying too much attention to which direction im going as long as its in front of me, eventually i manage to down it, it crashes into the top of the far side of a sand dune, when i crest the dune i realise 3 things, firstly, the fall has totalled the convoy, just scrap metal left, secondly the missle turrets on top of GCorp HQ have LOS to me and are firing as fast as they can, luckily the missile are detonating about 40m in front of me, however i fail to see theres a sneaky turret of some sort just over the ridge, which chews through one side of my flimsy flyer, taking out several wheels, solar panels and support systems...

10/10 would try to steal them again

Damn you buggy game!

thank you for all your hard work Duckroll, bloody wicked :)
    just wish the sim speed would behave itself, even with just the two mods for the map im still getting .6 dropping to .3-.2 occasionally, not something i usually have an issue with in SE, unless automated inventory sorting is freaking out and im not using it, the issue did seem to get alot better when i removed Huger and Thirst(partly to see if it made any difference and partly because id forgotten than you need a refinery for that mod)

it has been awhile since i played SE and i haven't tried any other worlds since the latest update, so I'm unsure if the issue is just this version of SE or a culmination of that and the map, if i can tear myself away from EFM i will load up another world to see if the issues persist

do projectors unlock after you reach the satilite, i think i saw somewhere someone said thats when ion and hydro thrusters unlock?

if not, is there any way i could unlock them?

thanks again and Keep up the Good work!

edit:
    seems to have sorted it self out really odd, now 1.00 sim speed almost constantly, crashed and steam did some update now its happy :D

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Wicorel Senior Engineer

Getting to the satellite is 'end of game'. Everything is unlocked so you can continue playing if you want to.

16. ViroMan Senior Engineer

is this dead now due to recent updates?

17. Wicorel Senior Engineer

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. de Coninck Trainee Engineer

Hello all,

I'm a returning player, stopped playing a while ago, because creative survival was unplayable, too much bugs.

I try to play with a 2-3 friends the scenario escape from Mars, it is really great, this game needed exactly that.

But eventough the game is much more stable and fluid than in the past.

We have a recurent bug, where clients players can not interract with ships inventory, or their own inventory anymore, after they'v played for 30-50min. And are forced to deco/reco and sometimes even restart the game.

Is there anyway to allieviate these problems ? Do you guys have the same problems ?

Thanks

19. odizzido Junior Engineer

Same issues here. I tried muliplayer a week or two ago but it was still too buggy for me to enjoy. Going to wait another six months or a year before trying again.

20. Wicorel Senior Engineer

Which bugs? Did you report them?

21. odizzido Junior Engineer

No I didn't. The one that made me quit again was the one where you get stuck to a connector. The inventory and I assume desync ones I experienced before the connector one hit aren't much fun either.

22. de Coninck Trainee Engineer

Hey guys,

I progressed in the scenario. I built a rover and explored the flight facility, on the way I discovered MIKI scrap (the factory looks really nice, great work ! ) and an abandoned medical facility. I made the medical facility my new base.

Thanks to the Flight facility I now have a flying vehicle, much faser than using the rovers :D

So the AI told me about a "secret weapon research facility", I went there and was quite disappointed to find only a small buiulding not defended with a few containers with nothing really interesting in it.

So now, I don't have any "blue markers" location that I haven't explored. I just want to know, if I carry on to improve my base/intercept convoys/and general exploring I will receive a new message from the AI with new places to explore, or if I have to attack one of the GC corp heavily defended base to "advance" the story ?

Anyway congrats again on the campaign, it is wonderful, it is what SE needs to be !

23. SilentShadow Apprentice Engineer

So the secret facility is just a small boring looking building you say...

There is more story but you might have to read my spoiler above. I won't tell you what's there but if you explore you will advance the story and gain a clear insight to the victory conditions you are working towards.

I don't want to give it away so I won't be too specific.

24. de Coninck Trainee Engineer

Perfect, thanks a lot for staying vague, I want to discover for myself.
    --- Automerge ---
    I have another question: I tried to pressurize a room with an air vent : told me the settings or disabled in the scenario.

Can I activate the option, without risk of braking things ?

25. SilentShadow Apprentice Engineer

When you launch SE Click load game, select your save and then edit the advanced settings. Oxygen was disabled by default at some point in the past as an attempt to improve performance.

26. Mikromancer Trainee Engineer

just finished this, best fun i've had in SE ever, thanks duckroll for the awesome time (also, you're a bastard and i hate you a little bit, you sneaky git). welp, time to go drop giant rocks on G-corp

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.