Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Exception Occurred: System.AccessViolationException

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Poofhead, Mar 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Poofhead Trainee Engineer

Hello,

I apologize on my first post. I did not correctly format my post.

Here is a pastebin link to my log file: http://pastebin.com/qJhrrHTR

The most notable errors are checksum failures and this particular error at the end that is stating an error with System.AccessViolationException.

For your reference I have tried everything that is available in this forum as far as troubleshooting, including deleting ShaderCache and MedievalEngineers.cfg.

System Specs:
    -Proc: Intel Core i5 4670k @ 3.4 GHz
    -GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 770
    -Memory 16GB, 4x4 DDR3 1866MHz

Thank you for your continued work on this.

(Partial Log)

2015-03-09 10:23:06.125 - Thread: 4 -> Exception occured: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    at SharpDX.Direct3D11.DeviceContext.MapSubresource(Resource resourceRef, Int32 subresource, MapMode mapType, MapFlags mapFlags, DataBox& mappedResourceRef)
    at SharpDX.Direct3D11.DeviceContext.MapSubresource(Buffer resource, MapMode mode, MapFlags flags, DataStream& stream)
    at SharpDX.Direct3D11.DeviceContext.MapSubresource(Resource resource, Int32 subresource, MapMode mode, MapFlags flags, DataStream& stream)
    at VRageRender.MyRenderingPass.Begin()
    at VRageRender.MyDepthPass.Begin()
    at VRageRender.MyRenderingWork_LoopPassThenObject.Run()
    at ParallelTasks.WorkItem.DoWork(Int32 expectedID)
    at ParallelTasks.FixedPriorityScheduler.Worker.WorkerLoop(Object o)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)
    2015-03-09 10:23:06.125 - Thread: 3 -> Exception occured: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    at SharpDX.Direct3D11.DeviceContext.MapSubresource(Resource resourceRef, Int32 subresource, MapMode mapType, MapFlags mapFlags, DataBox& mappedResourceRef)
    at SharpDX.Direct3D11.DeviceContext.MapSubresource(Buffer resource, MapMode mode, MapFlags flags, DataStream& stream)
    at SharpDX.Direct3D11.DeviceContext.MapSubresource(Resource resource, Int32 subresource, MapMode mode, MapFlags flags, DataStream& stream)
    at VRageRender.MyDepthPass.Begin()
    at ParallelTasks.WorkItem.DoWork(Int32 expectedID)
    at ParallelTasks.FixedPriorityScheduler.Worker.WorkerLoop(Object o)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    2015-03-09 10:23:06.126 - Thread: 4 -> Hiding window
    2015-03-09 10:23:06.127 - Thread: 6 -> Exception occured: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    at VRageRender.MyGBufferPass.Begin()
    at VRageRender.MyRenderingDispatcher.ScheduleAndWait(Queue`1 accumulator)
    at VRageRender.MyRenderingDispatcher.Dispatch_LoopPassThenObject(List`1 queues, MyCullQuery cullingResults, Queue`1 accumulator)
    at VRageRender.MyGeometryRenderer.Render()
    at VRageRender.MyRender11.DrawGameScene(Boolean blitToBackbuffer, Boolean recalculateLuminance)
    at VRageRender.MyRender11.ProcessDrawQueue()
    at VRageRender.MyRender11.Draw(Boolean draw)
    at VRage.MyRenderThread.Draw()
    at VRage.MyRenderThread.RenderCallback()
    at SharpDX.Windows.RenderLoop.Run(Control form, RenderCallback renderCallback, Boolean useApplicationDoEvents)
    at VRage.MyRenderThread.RenderThreadStart(Object param)
    2015-03-09 10:23:06.802 - Thread: 1 -> GC Memory: 461,239,912 B
    2015-03-09 10:23:36.810 - Thread: 1 -> GC Memory: 505,964,896 B
    2015-03-09 10:24:06.821 - Thread: 1 -> GC Memory: 550,348,296 B
    2015-03-09 10:24:36.829 - Thread: 1 -> GC Memory: 594,924,976 B
    2015-03-09 10:25:06.838 - Thread: 1 -> GC Memory: 639,635,296 B
    2015-03-09 10:25:36.846 - Thread: 1 -> GC Memory: 684,191,536 B
    2015-03-09 10:26:06.855 - Thread: 1 -> GC Memory: 729,149,400 B

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2015
  2. Lukas Designer

Hello, thank you for this well made report. So this crash happens during start-up?

3. Poofhead Trainee Engineer

Yes. Unfortunately there is nothing worthy of a screenshot. No errors whatsoever. I would attempt to start up a Quickstart world (Or any world, workshop included) and the gear spins and then freezes like normal, but then stays frozen. The longer I let the game "run" while frozen, the more memory it uses up (non-issue, just something I noticed at the very end of the log). The game runs just fine in the menu and settings screen before I load a world.

My friend, whose game is working correctly on, will see the gear freeze as well anywhere from 30-45 seconds. The difference is that it will start moving again and promptly load the world.

Thank you for your time and effort. I too work in the software support industry and I definitely understand the steps needed to resolve these situations. Please let me know if you'd like any screenshots of hardware or software related items.

Thank you for your help,

-Poofhead

4. Lukas Designer

Hello, thank you for your understanding :). Could you also upload your VrageRender.log? Looks like this might help this time.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  5. Lukas Designer

I just found out that your CPU has an integrated GPU.. this is a known issue that this creates conflicts if you do not disable the gpu.

6. Poofhead Trainee Engineer

Hello,

I was able to enable the iGPU in my BIOS so now I show Integrated Graphics and GTX 770 like it normally should have been in my Device Manager > Display Adapters.

Here is my VRage log (Now including the Intel Chip): http://pastebin.com/A2HujeqU

I have tried disabling the now present Intel HD Integrated Graphics 4600 rebooting and running the game has gotten me the same results as before.

-Bobby Stoddard

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.