Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Expanding the Gmenu

Discussion in 'Questions and Suggestions' started by DiBBz, Apr 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. DiBBz Apprentice Engineer

so im getting sick of having to have limited mods on my world because the gmenu does not expand its list when it reaches the bottom of the page..

with the very limited info i got. im confused on how to exactly add more space to the gmenu

he told me to edit the cubebuilder.gsc file.. thats fine and dandy and all but what the hell am i supposed to edit ?

any help here would be fantastic ?

2. Wizlawz Master Engineer

there was a G-menu expansion MOD {you might be able to search it up}, not sure if it will work anymore

but it was obsolete i believe when KSH did it on their own...wait, i think KSH does have a MOD out for it, but it has been awhile so i don't really remember exactly.. i had it in a pm once, but since the new forums it is lost for me

midspace knows of it, give her a shout maybe

3. Digi Senior Engineer

G-menu's space is no longer an issue due to categories and most importantly search.

4. DiBBz Apprentice Engineer

Gmenu space is still a problem.. cause i have a bunch of mods not appearing on my Gmenu and i had to get rid of somethign in order for them to appear

im not talking about categories or search im talking about general space for mods to have a slot on the gmenu instead of mods conflicting with other mods trying to fight for a space on the menu

5. kitsunelegendXx Trainee Engineer

I actually am currently using a mod that adds more space to the g-menu, but unfortunately I've forgotten where to get it....;n;

But I do agree, a dynamic g-menu would be REALLY nice. Mainly because for me at least, when using the categories on the side, it can lag really bad sometimes. Its even worse when you dont know the name of the mod so that means no searching for it either. I heavily use the "all blocks" section the most, and even with that mod, I'm running out of space.... I am....a HEAVY mod addict...>.> (I blame Skyrim for that! 8U )

From what I can remember, doesn't Minecraft have a dynamic "G" menu of sorts? I really think SE would greatly benefit from something like that....

Anyway, I'll look around and see if I cant find that mod again...I swear I saw it somewhere...

EDIT: AHA! I found it! (er, or something really close anyway)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=299557980

This is a step by step tutorial on how to expand the g-menu. I'm pretty sure you do it as big as you want too. :) Let me know if it works cause I'll get rid of the one I'm using and use this one instead. :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. DiBBz Apprentice Engineer

thx for the find as well as the help.. il try it in an hour or so!

7. Cronyx Trainee Engineer

Was anyone able to confirm if this still works?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.