Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Exploration Fleet

Discussion in 'General' started by WraithLeader1, Oct 28, 2018.

1. WraithLeader1 Apprentice Engineer

I've been out of the loop for a while, Is the 'Exploration' ships still a thing?
    I remember finding nice ships and bases while exploring and didn't want to waste time looking for something that isn't there...

2. Dabombinable Trainee Engineer

As far as I'm aware, yes. And you can expand on what you find via mods (some which spawn ground encounters).

3. Thrak Apprentice Engineer

Yes, but I don't believe they are enabled on Keen's official servers.

4. WraithLeader1 Apprentice Engineer

Thanks, I haven't seen anything... But I'll keep trying.

5. Farindark Apprentice Engineer

Greetings

Make sure if you are playing solo on a map of your own you have enabled then in the settings as they are disabled by default in all modes. Most of them are now out of date and have various build problems, Still fun to find though and disassemble for parts or to modify for your own purposes. This is about the best exploration add on mod if you want more to find https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=531659576 provides a lot more to find and even adds a police faction that will turn up to slap you on the bottom for piracy. Has very good support from the mod authors last updated 14 October. :tu:

6. WraithLeader1 Apprentice Engineer

Thanks, There was a long red one I used to like to modify for my own uses. I always named it the needle.
    On a side note, I'm thinking of going though and updating all the ships and bases and putting them into in a mod pack.

7. Dabombinable Trainee Engineer

Start ship C? the thing that always drifts past sideways?

8. Farindark Apprentice Engineer

Greetings

Cool! I'd sign up to that mod! I really love to go exploring so to be able to find stuff out there really makes my day. I miss a map I once made using the original ships plus others from the workshops that I had modified as wrecks and then placed them back into the world. It was a great deal of work for me but I had many great hours of fun until I lost it in a hard drive crash. Too damn old and impatient to go through the process again! :p

9. WraithLeader1 Apprentice Engineer

I might need some help from the more experienced people..

1st dumb question: How do I import / Export the Exploration ships from the files? (It's been years since I've done it)

My personal rules:
    I won't change the overall design, Just update it with stuff like O2 etc..
    Fix broken ships..

Any help from experienced Moders would be helpful...

10. WraithLeader1 Apprentice Engineer

Just found the "GM/2-411 Combat Destroyer" in survival...….