Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

F.E. Energy Fleet

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Failed Inventor, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Failed Inventor Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]

This is currently a placeholder for presentation of the company ship line. More information will be coming soon...

The Science Behind Our Fleet!

Decoding the F.E. (IRON) Energy Fleet Classification System:

Here at F.E. we want customers to know and understand our ships using layman's terms to communicate
    and describe advanced mechanics. We know you our customer thrive when convenience is delivered at a
    reasonable price. Thus we have provided for you a simple classifications chart to help you better familiarize
    yourself with each product from our fleet.

Example classification: [FE: BUS|UF] - [ Company: Shipname|SizePurpose]

So this ship is by FE Energy:
    It's name is BUS
    Its size is Ultralight
    Its purpose is Freighter

While this may seem simple now this will help you later on in understanding our more specialized fleet products.

F.E. (IRON) Energy Fleet Product Sizes

Small Ship:
    • Ultralight ( under 10,000kg )
    • Small ( 25,000kg )
    • Medium ( under 50,000kg )
    Large Ship:
    • Dwarf ( under 500,000kg )
    • Large ( under 1,000,000kg )
    • Heavy ( under 10,000,000kg )
    • Titan ( under 100,000,000kg )
    Station:
    • Outpost
    • Gateway
    • Capitol

2. Failed Inventor Trainee Engineer

[CIVILIAN SMALL SHIPS]

Freighter:

[​IMG]
    [FE: Bus|UF] // Mass: 3,858kg

[​IMG]
    [FE: Big Rig|SF] // Mass: 11,111kg

[​IMG]
    [FE: Firesail|MF] // Mass: 40,381kg

Miner:

[​IMG]
    [FE: Mole|UM] // Mass: 3,581kg

[​IMG]
    [FE: Drudger|UM] // Mass: 15,787kg

Personal Transport:

[​IMG]
    [FE: Tadpole|UP] // Mass: 1,015kg - formerly known as Sprite.

[​IMG]
    [FE: MayFly|SP] // Mass: 10,528kg

[​IMG]
    [FE: Starfish|SP] // Mass: 13,132kg

[​IMG]
    [FE: Phantom|MP] // Mass: 28,842kg

3. Failed Inventor Trainee Engineer

civilian large ship reserve spot.

4. Failed Inventor Trainee Engineer

civilian station reserve spot.

5. Failed Inventor Trainee Engineer

[MILITARY SMALL SHIPS]

Recon:

[​IMG]
    [FE: Scout|UR] // Mass: 1,858kg

Support(Defense):

[​IMG]
    [FE: Armadillo|MD] // Mass: 43,883kg

Combat:

[​IMG]
    [FE: Pincer|UC] // Mass: 9,552kg

[​IMG]
    [FE: Vulture|SC] // Mass: 13,323kg

6. Failed Inventor Trainee Engineer

Military large ship reserve spot.

7. Failed Inventor Trainee Engineer

Military station reserve spot.

8. Failed Inventor Trainee Engineer

The Science Behind Our Fleet:

F.E. Energy ships are rigorously tested, rather focus on aesthetics we focus on the highest optimized ships for the least amount of resources. Though are ships are bound to change over time due to Space Engineer regulations, we pride ourselves on our designs ingenuity.

The Big Three:

Mass:

Mass is matter, and size does matter in ships. They effect how fast you can stop, go, turn, etc. Also the bigger you are the larger target area you have. Things of this nature cause us to give careful consideration to our ship designs. We also design our ships with the pilot in mind and the task obstacles he may face. Layout, and redundancy in the utilities aboard our vessels are paramount. Unless your going with an economic Ultra Light you will find most of our vessels have multiple gyro's and primary and backup generators to help you from becoming floating debri out in the vast wide open.

Acceleration:

We love to get there and do it fast. Currently most ships are limited to a relatively similar max speed of around 105 - 110 m/s. Our goal is to hit that top speed fast as we can, from all angles and actions, and be able to stop abruptly to avoid. Rotation is also primary to the mobility of our crafts. When flying why not look around without slowing down, take in the whole universe at top speeds and keep an eye on the sky for unwelcome guest. Where others cut corners we capitalize on performance, and creativity to deliver a superior mobile craft.

Resources:

No one is reach, and commanding an entire fleet is never easy on the wallet. We take into consideration resources, production times and other factors to help roll out production based off your schedule. Whether you are out grinding rock, shredding your opponent on the battle field or out on a nice little Sunday cruise, F.E. Energy ships are resource friendly, and cost effective means of getting the job done for the right price!

9. Failed Inventor Trainee Engineer

hey guys finally got thumbnails working through my photobucket account. so now updating regularly with my fleet of growing ship designs. Enjoy!

More to come!

10. OMGTheMuffinMan Moderator

Very nice!

I like the presentation of this a lot!

11. Failed Inventor Trainee Engineer

Thank you muffin, unfortunately I think I lost my entire fleet cause crashed and now world corrupted file error. :( Guess that is why you don't put all your ships in one world.

12. OMGTheMuffinMan Moderator

Yeah.. I tend to build one ship per world so I can more easily put them on the workshop.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.