Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Faction/group idea...

Discussion in 'General' started by Kamoba, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Kamoba Senior Engineer

Okay so I know there have been a couple of groups already founded, but an idea just came to mind for something that could fit well into the SE world...

The idea stems from 'scouts' and (for those that have seen it) the Red Dwarf Canaries.

'Back in the 1900's, miners would send a little canary in a cage deep into the mine to see if the atmosphere was breathable, if the canary came back alive they knew it was safe for the important people to go.'

Quite simple really...
    Disposable, cheap easy to make ships, with equally disposable pilots/engineers, these guys would have had minimal training and are simply used for Recon for the dangerous and most boring of missions...

This group could be as small as a sub section of someone else's faction, or as big as its own faction, using the main idea to offer merc services to business men...

If people think this is a good idea, Or think they want it incorporated into their faction, let me know :)

If no-one likes the idea, it drifts off to the void, and I think of something new ;)

2. bacondeity Apprentice Engineer

Mercs, eh? Well, don't ask if it's a good idea. If you think it's a good idea, it's a good idea. Start it up, see who's interested, see who joins. If no one does, well... Sorry to hear that, but the Dominion PMC (we also act as a is mercenary company, technically) is always looking for skilled fighters, talented engineers, and hardworking miners. ;D

3. Guest

[FONT= &#39]We won't know how viable mercenary factions would be until we see the size/mechanics of servers, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. I know plenty of people that would find any and all combat encounters an annoyance - they would probably be willing to hire people to protect their manufacturing and mining.[/FONT]

4. bacondeity Apprentice Engineer

As far as I understand it, it'll be dedicated servers. So we'll be able to own our own. Which I will get for my faction as well.

5. Devland99 Trainee Engineer

I don't think I am going to make a server for my faction as I prefer RP Servers for everything since its a ton of more fun to actually act out and command people that enjoy realism :p

6. Kamoba Senior Engineer

Too true...
    Although I've not seen any real good[/b] online RP since Ultima Online..
    Ah back in the days when the Guardsman Militia were the strongest fighting force the server had seen... We also had some of the lowest stating armour out of the other guilds because we preferred Realism, yet somehow our sheer awesomeness left us winning battles left right and centre......

Sorry old man reminiscing in the days of old there...

7. Devland99 Trainee Engineer

Ever played Clockwork? I was a CP Commander and a Rebel Leader, oh the times on there were great. I destroyed the combine in a sector and destroyed opposing rebels in my CP, and I made my CP help me out. That was the greatest plan I have ever had on there.

8. Guest

[FONT= &#39]If you guys want an RP server, expect to implement an application system. Nothing twerks a griefer's blood drive like RPers.[/FONT]

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.