Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Falling through planet

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Hexter, Dec 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Hexter Trainee Engineer

Fell through planet while mining.

Tried to jet pack back and drill "inside world" again, but died during attempt. Went to main menu just to see features in update 1.112 "Fixed falling through planet"..... ....

I then closed my eyes, shook my head and quit the game

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. M_Leon246 Trainee Engineer

Yep... Just like the drill fix last week.

3. Chaos Factory Trainee Engineer

I just fell through by walking. Also, with a vehicle.

Which is strange, as it's the first time it's happened to me, well after other people have suffered this.

Does Keen want a save file?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ouchtime Apprentice Engineer

Found a "hole" just now. And this was on a new world made after 1.112. Luckily I had a full jetpack so I could find the hole again and fly back up.
    It kinda makes everything about planets unplayable. You can't land, use wheels, walk on surface or mine without risking falling through the ground.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Telquel Trainee Engineer

Definitely not fixed. Slipped through surface when mining LMB.

6. Cartz Trainee Engineer

Yup, this is actually worse than ever, I cannot drive my rover over a kilometer without saving for fear it's going to fall through the surface. This happened to me very rarely before the recent 'fix', now it is happening with regularity and repeatably.

Also, my most recent autosave has my station catapulting my only space fairing vessel 2km into the air for no reason other than reasons.

7. Ariat_cowboy_420 Trainee Engineer

I fell trhough the planet mining aswell as when just driving a rover, like stated above luckly i had hydrogen for jetpack. ive noticed the only way to get rid of the holes in saves is to relaunch the world and even then sometimes it makes new holes in new places. I will say in my experiance its better then it was though cause in my old world when falling through planets my saves got curropted.

8. notaviable Trainee Engineer

Not fixed:

9. danibw0i Apprentice Engineer

The bitterness and semirudeness.... It's alpha, it's expected. You wanna help? File a neutral informative bug report with world and/or logs. LUCKILY ya'll had full jetpacks, else you woulda died in RL.

10. Levitator Apprentice Engineer

There's not much point in posting a save file because it is a random problem that is not repeatable, but is nonetheless pervasive because it happens about every ten minutes with any given wheeled vehicle. Different vehicles could, possibly, have different levels of susceptibility. Posting blueprints might be helpful if you have an especially good example.

Levitator

11. malimber Apprentice Engineer

Yeah I could post a save file where its repeatable 100% of the time. I know exactly where the hole is too. Its not fixed even after the ninja fixes.

12. Levitator Apprentice Engineer

If there are actual holes, that would be news to me. It seems random, but it's possible that it's localized to the terrain.

Levitator

13. Rin Trainee Engineer

I have 3 different versions of this on one map. One there are 2 holes that only are visible up close and you can fall though, the other is a hole that is only visible from a short distance but solid, and a hole that only appears when close and is solid. I don't understand why it happens as the surface was just fine until what seemed to be a random lag spike.

14. yrogerg77 Trainee Engineer

I just fell into the planet for the first time last night... was after impacting the ground a bit with the front of my ship on accident, and then walking through the divot left in the ground picking up some debris caused me to clip through the voxels and continue downward....... into the abyss

15. Levitator Apprentice Engineer

Tripping on loose objects is a common cause for astronauts to clip into the planet. Wheeled vehicles will, however, do it seemingly at random. Some people suggest the presence of "holes", which I have not yet noticed.

Levitator

16. Cognitiv Trainee Engineer

01_112_012 64-BIT

Felt through the ground when approching one of the new ore rocks. No problem with other ore rocks, just on made me falling. I came back and it was impossible to drill this block. But didn't fall again.

Since the last patch, falling through the ground arrive less than before. Good job, continue like this.

17. Myrkul Trainee Engineer

18. Cognitiv Trainee Engineer

Just to say : no more bug liket his happende since last time ^^

Good job, thanks.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.