Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Feedback Site: Downvotes

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by sioxernic, Feb 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sioxernic Senior Engineer

I think there should be a way to downvote suggestions... Especially since controversial additions can still get a lot of upvotes and look like a community favorite, while people can't spend their votes to show they vehemently don't want that idea.

Both upvotes and downvotes should be shown separately, to make sure that it can be seen something is controversial.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dan2D3D Moderator

Hi, I've noticed that some are having a hard time accepting other suggestions. ;)

I'll say > Respect the other ideas, just ignore if you don't like and add your suggestions to the website.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. sioxernic Senior Engineer

@Dan2D3D Isn't the idea of a Suggestion forum and a Feedback site (especially the Feedback site) a way to gauge community reactions and see what the community wants implemented?

If we go by "Respect the other ideas" and no one ever commented negatively or argued why they didn't like that idea or what would be wrong with it being in the game, etc. the dev team might think that the community overwhelmingly wants lasers and shields. Because there is quite a few people who wants lasers and shields, and there is also quite a few people who are vehemently against them and sees them as a massive detriment to the game.

If we ever only support ideas then Keen would literally have no idea what the communities true feelings on a suggestion is, and that is why I am suggesting this. There are suggestions both here and on Feedback that if they were implemented I would probably never touch Space Engineers again, since I would see it as a massively detrimental addition to the game. I am also quite sure there are more that shares my opinion, either on the same suggestions or other suggestions. But our opinions don't matter I guess? Only the people who has ideas matter, and their feelings? Counting only via positive upvotes is not reflective of the community in any way.

I have seen Keen implement suggestions that when they were implemented people shat bricks over them... And I could've told them prior, by just reading the suggestion posts...

EDIT: Also shouldn't you respect my idea, based on what you just said? Or is my suggestion "something you are so vehemently against" that respecting my idea is not something that you want to do?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dan2D3D Moderator

Take my advice or not, it's a good advice ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. sioxernic Senior Engineer

@Dan2D3D I'd prefer not to ;P I can also still respect that other people have ideas and still argue against them. I have seen plenty of games in Early Access essentially get ruined in the suggestion section. Where the game went from having tons of positive reviews to everyone absolutely hating the game, because the most asked features were something that was dividing the community. I have seen games get exceptionally ruined because the vast majority of players wants a feature, and then the niche players gets shafted, and when that happens to many times the small "niche" groups that got shafted suddenly became a significant portion of the playerbase.

6. Dan2D3D Moderator

Add your suggestion and see if you have votes.

''everyone absolutely hating the game''
    Don't worry about SE => Some never installed Steam and this game (SE) is their first, happens almost every days...

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Bleuhazenfurfle Apprentice Engineer

As it turns out, SE was the reason I got Steam in the first place — though I'm not sure if it was actually my first or second game; and even then I still wasn't going to get Steam (or SE) because I didn't want to install a "games system" on my machine; I'd never played games very much, up till then, typically only once every five or six months when I rebooted Linux for some kernel change/update or another.

Now, I've got Steam, and a whole bunch of games, about half of which I've bought over the last two years, and have never actually installed — and I'm not counting the at least double that again in older versions and extras that came with some bundle or another, I'm only counting the ones I actually bought straight up here.

But all of that, basically, because of SE; I saw a relative playing it, and very much liked the idea — it in turn led me to Steam, which I initially thought was an absolutely horrendous waste of space and time, but it grew on me. (I still only play games at all at most two evenings in a week, most of my free time is spent in Python web services, or ųC land.) Mind you, even though Steam was originally why I wouldn't get SE (which I dare say is very much contrary to most people), I also greatly doubt I'd have gotten SE at all without Steam — I hate to say it, but the Workshop is what makes SE playable for a lot of people, between all the mods and scripts and the likes (hence one of my first points in my many posts for an SE suit-based filesystem, is for Workshop scripts and a couple curated examples to be in there also, and for them to basically be "click to play" with the Programmable block — or at least, "click to CoW").

8. Sinbad Senior Engineer

just a thought as i read this, @sioxernic : if you want to show support in opposition to a suggestion, why not create a suggestion that is in opposition. for example the shields and lasers suggestion, create a new one that suggests shields and lasers never be added. that way popular opposing opinions can be just as clearly seen as with a down vote system: with opposing suggestions shown on the same ranking ladder as original suggestions.
    just a thought to get to the same ends via a different path.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ViroMan Senior Engineer

@Sinbad
    wait... let me get this right... you want to clutter up the feedback with 2x the things to vote on? For X idea and against X idea? I duno...

@Dan2D3D @sioxernic
    Also I agree with wanting to down vote ideas. If I want to spend some of my limited votes why not let me? It is like putting up a vote that bans underwear for women. You are GOING to get a lot of up votes... but probably not from women. You are mysteriously missing out on the input from them other then the wall of text you will get. Therefore you may be inclined to think that the vote was universally supported if you had not read a ton of posts.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dan2D3D Moderator

Sinbad got it = create your thread and lets see if all will vote for your idea.

EDIT

You can create a thread here if you really want to talk, negatively, about a suggestion on the ''Vote website''.

EDIT

Don't forget > ONE suggestion per threads.

Clear and simple.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  11. sioxernic Senior Engineer

@Dan2D3D For someone that says respect other peoples ideas, you most certainly don't seem like you do when you disagree...

12. Dan2D3D Moderator

Sorry I don't understand your last comment.

hehe you are one of the elite ''disagreer'' over here so I can understand that you think it's not fair to post your suggestions.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. sioxernic Senior Engineer

I am just commenting on the fact that you are not particularly respecting other peoples ideas and suggestions here, while that is the exact first thing you mentioned that people should do.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Dan2D3D Moderator

lol, I think you are having a hard time when someone
    disagree
    with you. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  15. sioxernic Senior Engineer

• Derailing / Offtopic and Arguing with moderator
    @Dan2D3D Actually I don't mind. Disagreement is what makes the world go around. I just have a hard time with hypocrisy.

16. Dan2D3D Moderator

Sorry but saying nonsense like that will only get your thread locked.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.