Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Finding Nickel in Infite worlds?!

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help' started by mze9412, Aug 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. mze9412 Junior Engineer

I started a new world on the infinite setting with normal density. I found every mineral in abundance when charting ~30 asteroids except Nickel. Is it always this hard to find? This limits me in so many ways -.-

2. Khalad Trainee Engineer

I think you just got unluncky... I always have more than enough Nickel in my survival worlds...

3. Ulfsark Master Engineer

Every couple weeks or so a topic like this is started with some element or another.

Nickel is there. Just look harder.

4. mze9412 Junior Engineer

Good to know :) I will try to find it or maybe create a new world with higher asteroid density.

5. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

If you're using a small ship ore detector, it's hard to find. I suspect that's how you're searching right?

6. DivineWrath Junior Engineer

Doing a proper survey of an asteroid requires a bit of work. Sometimes an asteroid has all its good covered in stone. My current supply of gold ore right now is a small asteroid that I hand drilled my way in past the stone.

I recommend that you take some time to look at an asteroid from every angle. My first find of Uranium was because I spent some time to orbit an asteroid, not just take a look around inside it. If possible, get an are detector and travel close to the surface. The large ship ore detector is best as it has 5 times the range of a hand drill. The small ship ore detector is 2 times a hand drill.

Also, there is some stuff that I'm short on. Right now it is platinum. I don't know another source than the one I'm using right now, and it is a small asteroid, so there wasn't much to begin with. I plan to race my way to a large ship ore detector that can be used to search for more.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.