Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

First look, first build

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Danther, Nov 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Danther Trainee Engineer

So, having watched the tutorial video and feeling confident, I ventured into Space Engys to create my first floating brick........which is exactly what it was initially.

*updated with wip pics

[​IMG]
    Small beginnings
    [​IMG]
    Getting there.......
    [​IMG]
    Its got bits
    [​IMG]
    Pudgy body
    [​IMG]
    Winged
    [​IMG]
    Initial power
    [​IMG]
    Upgraded but still not enough power
    [​IMG]
    Another upgrade......still no go
    [​IMG]
    Undercarriage before colour
    [​IMG]
    Thrusters for the people!
    [​IMG]
    Colour for the blind!

Looks like something that could be dubbed "Bug" or "Mosquito". She gets up and boogies but needs more rear thrust to slow her down.

All in all, it was extremely fun to build with the components available. Going to try a large ship next, which has extra component options.

Feel free to point out her ugliness in all her glory!

2. redneckpirate Apprentice Engineer

Before I even read "bug" or "mosquito" I was thinking it looked like a bug :D I love uglies!

3. Danther Trainee Engineer

:rof: She sure is Bug Ugly............Uglies are just so easy to make! Have a rough plan/idea, proceed with said plan/idea, botch it as you go (usually unintentionally), and voila! One ugly chunky beast that only vaguely resembles the fantastic dream you had planned out in your head :confused:

4. Admiral Yuki Apprentice Engineer

That thing has some beefy armor. I wouldn't want to tango against one of these unless I had at least 3 Sabres.

5. Danther Trainee Engineer

:) Not the most maneuverable thing in the galaxy, but certainly armoured enough to make a stand.

Some test flight stats:

Mass: 76,438kg :)eek)
    Acceleration: 0-105m/s = 15 seconds
    Reactors: 124GW
    Power Usage: 55.58% (at top speed - when weapons work, hopefully enough power left over)
    Thrusts: 32
    Gyros: 5 (I think?)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.