Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[FIXED] - [01.180.0] Dedicated Server Crash when building turrets

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by franky500, Apr 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. franky500 Trainee Engineer

Server crashes when building and welding a turret in survival mode, Crash happens when switching from final build state to completed model.

crash log from SESE (as vanilla log does not record the crash).

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Kevin03YZFR1 Trainee Engineer

I can confirm that on my dedicated server, all of the clients are crashing after the update for various activities. I'll keep testing for more detail. I haven't narrowed it down to a single event though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. franky500 Trainee Engineer

For this particular crash i've found it to be the state change between construction and completed, As a temporary solution i've removed the final build stage from the turret construction as a mod so it no longer crashes, just means that a turret will start to look completed when its only 40% built, but better than a crash!. If it helps you or anyone else i've uploaded to steam as a mod, id: 904689537 (just for turrets)

or for all blocks (probably the better option):
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=905086000

Hopefully only a temporary solution with a quick fix expected from KSH

• Like Like x 1
  4. Foogs Apprentice Engineer

thx franky500 =)
    [​IMG]

5. Leonexis Trainee Engineer

This also occurs in single player.

6. Harlequin Otterdog Trainee Engineer

I noticed after some testing that it's only crashing if the turret is powered when you weld it up. Unpowered it seems to be fine, I've only tested this in single player. I'd already posted my log into another thread before noticing this one. Moving my report here since it's the same bug in single player.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Overheal Trainee Engineer

Came here to report the same thing. Only had enough time tonight to rule out that it wasn't conveyors that crashed it when the build completed. Didn't have time to test power after that.

8. welted Trainee Engineer

Sounds like Keen needs a QA team - this is a pretty big miss.

Obvious test case. Start with a map with all block types already built from the previous version. Grind them down completely. Replace. Weld back up to full. Grind back down completely.

Takes what? 15 minutes? Now they're going to have to go through the costly rebuild process for a quick fix and have everyone download another update because they couldn't be bothered to do a BVT.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Overheal Trainee Engineer

Be nice

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. gornyakmaniac Apprentice Engineer

Ugh. Facepalm. No quality control at all.

11. demolish50 Senior Engineer

If I'm not mistaken, this is a reintroduced bug. At least the method of causing it and the error log seem very familiar to me.

12. 1stBiker Trainee Engineer

same problem when building a LaserAntenna !
    100% reproducable Server crash

this is the last bit of the Log from joining the Game to building an Laser Antenna crashing the Server:

this is urgent because anyone with the mats can intentionally kill the Server that way

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. franky500 Trainee Engineer

Well just in case a fix is not coming quickly (it is Easter after all!), I've applied my earlier turret edit to all blocks, Rather than sit here and test each one and end up missing some, As a short term fix i'm sure most will prefer an earlier display of the built model over crashing when you get to the claim / functional line.

Done a test with the laser antenna and seems to work so it should work across the board.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=905086000

• Like Like x 2
  14. 1stBiker Trainee Engineer

its very kind from you to do such a workaround for us, thanks for that

though
    ...lol

Yesterday when the patch came, I closed the game and stopped the server while I was in space.
    After patching server&client, I tried to land on the planet and I hung around in 31km hight, it felt like a new form of rubberbanding. I finally could get down somehow.

Today, I tried to lift off back in space to test this again but I had this new rubberband after a few meters already - I finally could drift away from the base and lift up to 9km where the ship is hanging now.

I cant play the game anymore :(
    weird when they state "more game fixes" when releasing a patch and then such things happens !!

I was happy to have 4 days to play .. but
    happy easter, without SE

so sad
    . . so sad

15. Leonexis Trainee Engineer

@franky500,
    THANK YOU!!!! You are a hero!

Your workaround mod worked for me last night and saved me from giving up on the Escape from Mars campaign in single player. Thank you again for providing the workaround. =)

16. franky500 Trainee Engineer

No Problem.

There are still CLIENT crashes from using Ship welders or Grinders, But doesn't crash the server, I think that might be due to needing to update the cubeblock definitions again, going to look into that now and will update if needed.
    --- Automerge ---
    Nice work Roxette!
    @Roxette has fixed the issue with elite tool speeds aswell, mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=905138840

Also i just fixed the client crash when using ship tools and updated the workshop mod (for the all blocks fix).

17. Leonexis Trainee Engineer

@Roxette,
    I thought I was just crazy when using my tier 3 grinder and it seemed much slower than usual. Glad to know that was an actual bug. Thanks for your fix as well =)

18. franky500 Trainee Engineer

Thanks Roxette,

For convenience sake i have added @Roxette 's fix to mine and published an update

• Like Like x 1
  19. Overheal Trainee Engineer

I confirmed this works.

20. Leonexis Trainee Engineer

Can confirm this issue still exists in the .020 hotfix.

21. Ondřej Nahálka QA Lead Staff

Hi everyone

we apologise for any inconvenience

we are working on bugfixes

Nahalka Ondrej
    KeenSWH

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  22. franky500 Trainee Engineer

This bug appears to have been fixed in .022 so the workaround mod is no longer required.

Thanks Nahalka Ondrej

23. Ondřej Nahálka QA Lead Staff

Bug is already fixed!

Thanks for your reports :)

Nahalka Ondrej
    KeenSWH

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.