Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version [Extra] --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[Fixed][1.180.600][1.178.3 Minor] Ship welder ranges are broken

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Whiplash141, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Whiplash141

Howdy. The welder ranges have been reverted back to their nerfed state. The ranges are again horribly small. They were fixed in DEV update 1.177, but this update undid that fix.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin

I am sorry, but this demonstrates a lack of basic competence on the part of Keen.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Ronin1973

1. Give big speech about testing.
    2. Totally drop the ball on making sure XML/SBC data is using the correct build.

Who is handling build management? If old code is slipping back in where it's been changed then you're going to go no where.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. welkar926

Me too. I thought that I was seeing things, but when i tested my missile cruiser's welder bay, only the bottom half of the missile was welded together.

When will welders and merge blocks get fixed?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Lord Commissar

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. PyreStarite

KEEN, why do you make it so hard to love this game?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ravric

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. MajorTom

Good grief, how goddamn hard is it to do a Git Pull before you try Pushing the next build?

Please for the love of god let them be doing something as basic as GitHub.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin

I suspect their development system consists of people uploading individual code changes onto USB drives, which are then thrown through the air to a central patching computer. The changes that make it to patch are those that reach the computer last. This results in every coder holding off their changes until the very last minute, at which point they all hurl their drives at the poor soul manning the computer, who is forced to grab a butterfly net and flail madly with it, hoping to catch as many drives as possible before they strike him. He bears many scars from the times he has missed a drive flung by a particularly determined patcher ...

Also, I think they just broke the ability to minimize the game. Again.

Edit: Oh thank heaven, that's not broken not broken yet.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. PyreStarite

Wait, we were able to minimize the game at one point?

11. Whiplash141

Ship welder range was broken once again with update 1.180.503

Whoever patched in the LOD fix for ship welders overwrote the corrected welder range

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  12. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin

... why.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ronin1973

Fuck me... this is the never ending story with these guys. Everyone is working on some experimental build of the game that's using OLD .sbc data. Once they have something to run and show the lead, they just dump the patch and the old .sbc data to the game without ever verifying if that data IS in fact current.

This is why hand tools get fucked once every couple of months, dirty glass smudges its way back into the game, and now welders are nerfed... again.

.SBC/XML data should NEVER EVER come from the person making changes to the source code. It should be integrated separately. If the .sbc data DOES need to change, only those files and those specific LINES which need to change should supplied and integrated into the the .sbc collection by a THIRD PARTY rather than a dev who is in a hurry to push his/her updated code into the build.

It's just sloppy and there's no reason for it in a professional environment.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Ravric

With continuing stepping forward they wind up taking too many steps backward making a finished game forever out of reach.

Some of the missteps are making players frustrated or outright just leaving the game.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin

At this point, they need to stop everything else until they get a system in place that stops these repeat bugs. This just shouldn't be happening at this stage in development; part of the whole point of beta is ironing out bugs, and this prevents that from happening.

And if we can figure this out, why can't they? They must know what's happening; is it really that hard to fix?

Last edited: May 21, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Nickvr68

It broke a ton of PMW-armed ships on the workshop that can no longer weld properly...

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. KissSh0t

There needs to be a system in place that minimizes old bugs being put back into the live branch.

As an outsider to the development process it just looks like the devs are continuously playing whack a mole in regards to bugs while trying to develop new features.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I23I7 Tester Developer

Yeah i saw it. Reported it and took the time to actually look into as to where are these old bugs coming from. It was a old branch and it got updated so no more old bugs coming back. Welder is already in QA leads hands and it should come back when ready.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin

I can't tell you how great it is to get updates on what steps Keen is taking to resolve bugs, particularly when it's good news like that. Thank you!

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Forcedminer

broken then fixed again not big soup rice.
    [​IMG]
    *stares at windows*

• Like Like x 1
  21. Roxette

Ummm... so what you're saying here is, instead of a single managed source repository system, on a network, which all the dev team connect to, there are multiple isolated workstations which have access to a local (infrequently updated) copy of the source and use that for merging with their work ? That certainly explains the frequency of bug recurrence, but... for god's sake, WHYYYYY?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. I23I7 Tester Developer

I dunno. I am just a meme farmer tending to my meme fields and trying to survive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1