Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[FIXED] [1.185.501] Piston Top break when going to new section of space

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Hester74, Dec 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Hester74 Trainee Engineer

Reproduction Rate: 31 out of 31
    Affected Version: 1.185.501

Reproduction steps:
    1. Load World Save: Piston Breakage (Link Below)
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1246652326
    2. In the world enter the ship.
    3. Accelerate to max speed going up.
    4. At max speed around 8k meters the pistons tops will break off or break blocks below them.
    5. This continues at every 10k after the first 8k. Ex. Breaks at 18k, 28k, 38k...

Observed behavior:
    I observed piston tops breaking off or damaging the ship at set intervals. (I believe this may be caused by the piston tops staying static for a split second when a new section of the world is loading or updating.) (Also at the speed of 20k meters per second the piston tops break less.)

Expected behavior:
    I expect when flying through space the piston tops update at the same speed as the piston body and not damaging the ship.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. carbonCore Trainee Engineer

I am having the same issue. Hester74's savefile is a lot cleaner, but here's my save of a ship in progress of attempting to take off from a planet. The player is seated facing the first piston that explodes, and the ship's engines are set to apply continual forward thrust. The ship is angled slightly upwards, so that eventually its trajectory takes it out into space. About 30 seconds after loading the savefile, the Conveyor Block connecting the pistons to the ship violently explodes. Removing those specific pistons causes other pistons to act up instead. Removing every single piston in the ship "solves" the problem.

Really hoping this will be fixed, this is the only thing blocking my play right now.

3. hlws Tester Staff

Hi guys,
    Thank you very much for your feedback. The issue has been reported :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Lynnux Junior Engineer

I can confirm this issue, though it seems that in my case different blocks are damaged / breaking. Sometimes rotors, on other occasions merge blocks. But always in the 4 corners where these blocks are located close to each other.
    Passing the "barriers" with less than 60 m/s didn't cause damage. Hope that info is useful.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. carbonCore Trainee Engineer

YAY MY SPACESHIP DOESN'T BLOW UP ANYMORE KEEN = GODS

6. Hester74 Trainee Engineer

Keen's update fixed the Piston Tops breaking when going to new section of space. It is now smooth and no jerking when flying past the 8k, 18k, 28k... barriers.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.