Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Flatten ground

Discussion in 'General' started by Avterra1d, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Avterra1d Trainee Engineer

How do I flatten the ground in survival?

2. chemicalscum Apprentice Engineer

Build a ground flattening machine.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

No, no, no.
    NM, survival.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  4. plaYer2k Master Engineer

Why do you refer to a survival problem with an creative solution? That is very far from the point.

That is like answering "How do i replicate this survival ship i got on our survival server?" with "You download the map, change to creative, copy paste it as many times as you want, change it back to survival and upload it to the server again.". That is far from what he wants to know.

@Avterra1d
    As for planet leveling, i would suggest a rail-driven drill. When the Rail is properly aligned to the voxel grid, then there are no slopes and it is a perfectly flat surface if the drilling machine running along the rail is stable itself.
    That sure aint easy, nor is it fast to do but that seems like the most stable method, especially under gravity.

Woops, wrong subforum. It s ME not SE.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  5. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

It was edited before you posted :)
    honestly though, for now, I do go back and forth between survival and creative to change the ground.
    ah, mobile reply perhaps? This was an ME question, you cant edit the terrain in survival except with the hand tools.

6. plaYer2k Master Engineer

God damnit! You are right its ME.
    I hate that. Like 98% of the posts are SE content, at least that is what it feels like, thus i dont check the forum branch most of the time. So when the threads content doesnt identify the game enough i am assuming it is SE :s

That makes my reply irrelevant, sorry.

I have absolutely no clue about ME as i dont own it so nothing i can add here.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. MaxTheBuilder Trainee Engineer

Ok, I did a search and this is the tread (Only one mind you) that came up about the subject. I’m on a Dedicated Server with admin powers. So how does one go about leveling a plot of land for let’s say, Farming. Because landscape stakes and shovel just does not cut it, most of the time the land ends up worse than when you started. So is there a way in administrative mode (i.e. Medieval Master) to go in and make a nice flat section of ground for farming?

8. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

not sure if you can hack the voxel tools into a survival game, ive always loaded the world in a creative mode to terraform things.

9. sonicthe Trainee Engineer

I think the last time I used Medieval Master mode in survival (for something else entirely) I saw the voxel hands show up, although I believe they're only supposed to be available in creative, so I do the same thing @Ghostickles does.

10. Ciero9 Trainee Engineer

I also switch to creative to terraform land. I only have a few hours a week to play and just don't have the time to terraform land manually in survival.

11. MaxTheBuilder Trainee Engineer

Thanks for the information.