Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Footstep Sounds on own blocks

Discussion in 'Questions and Suggestions' started by Balmung, Mar 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Balmung Senior Engineer

Is there a guide or something to make this work?

I used the Glass one a base.

1. i copied the part from PhsyicalMaterials.sbc
    2. i copied the part from MaterialProperties.sbc (link to walk, run etc.) (with "Character" header)
    3. i copied the part from Audio_player.sbc (link to the wav files)
    4. i bind the Physical Material to my block with the <PhysicalMaterial>MatName</PhysicalMaterial> Tag

For testing i replaced all wavs in my Audio_player code part with a wav from SE itself that wasn't made for footsteeps, so i hear directly if it work and put it in my mods folder. I also copied both, all for male and female character and also for Arcade and Real Sound.

SE itself shows 0 errors on loading on the Debug Screen and also nothing in the logfile. But the sound is never player, when i walking over my block, still the normal metal footsteps sound.

Is there any wrong or a missing step?

--- Automerge ---
    Ok, it is a Bug of the game. I have opened a Bug Report: https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/general/topic/footsteps-audio-bug

That Bug make it impossible to add different Footstep sounds on a block like a Carpet.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.