Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

FROSTBITE

Discussion in 'General' started by KissSh0t, Feb 21, 2020.

1. KissSh0t Master Engineer

2. PLPM Junior Engineer

I honestly think that a new campaign is upcoming, and that is the reason of the teaser.

3. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Probably some new DLC is what I am guessing. Maybe a few freebies thrown in, doubt it is anything "major". :(

4. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Maybe more survival type gameplay?

*edit*

Wait.. is it snow falling in the screenshot?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  5. kcjunkbox Senior Engineer

It says welcome to Triton on that sign. So maybe it is a new planet/moon in deep space.

6. Sarekh Senior Engineer

Nah, that's no snow, that's the star skybox shining through atmosphere

7. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

It’s probably a teaser for the new weapons and shields upgrade that is coming out.

8. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

You did that just to rattle my cage. Git them shields off my lawn!

9. Einharjar Junior Engineer

New planet type: Triton. Perhaps a new moon system and tile-set they plan to add. The sign says "Welcome to Triton".

new skin or enviro-skin effects : You can tell by the fact that blocks have a frost skin overlay on them in the shot. The containers in foreground for some reason are hard to see the effects but they're there. Every other function block has clear FROST on them; even on the drone. The frost effect is even on build stages, as judged by the scaffolds of light armor blocks in their incomplete build stages.

Biggest hopes?

WEATHER - BIOME EFFECTS.
    I would die and go to heaven if they added any form of weather detail based on the Biomes you explore. Which means I hope they add something funky to the Alien world to certainly add to that Alien appeal.
    I also hope it effects game play! What if sand or frost build up effects solar panel output!? What if storms or wind means turbines can get damaged due to over-speeding!? What if cold temps hurt batteries if they're not kept warm by massively decreasing their total charge?!
    WHAT IF?!?!?!?!?!?

please Keen?

10. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Yer 'sposed ta squint when you say that!

[​IMG]

11. Cameron_XV Trainee Engineer

I do really hope it is a new planet and/or moon. It does not seem like Keen has actually done much with the planets themselves since they were added.

12. KissSh0t Master Engineer

13. Calaban Junior Engineer

I like to take blind guesses from these teaser pics/short videos- I was waaaaaay off on the lost colony guess, but here goes:

NPC procedural stations, encounters, cargo ships and drone spawners. on planetary surfaces.

Sort of like the mods Surface Occupation, Air traffic, and Assertive Stations, all rolled into Vanilla. Maybe a light salting of Corruption.

Yes, Please.

PS: I see no "frost coating" on armor blocks- the curved corner blocks of that drone are simply Glamour paint/texture... in a for some reason not brilliant chrome/gold/purple.. (??)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. DCam2016 Trainee Engineer

I'm hoping for weather (high hopes I know). I just watched this the other day and got excited...

• Like Like x 1
  15. DragonShadow Apprentice Engineer

It's fucking cold is what it means

16. KissSh0t Master Engineer

If FROSTBITE is all about freezing biomes then there has to be a future update called MELTPOINT where there is very hot biomes right up until the point of things melting...

[​IMG]

17. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Triton is a god of the sea... maybe liquid water.
    R.O.S. - Robot Operating System. The vehicle in the picture looks to be a droid.

Frostbite... atmospheric effects like snow?

18. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Throw in a snow weather effect and something that drops the ambient temperature to, say, -80, and you will have all the DLC you need to play the new campaign: Frostbite: Crashed on a Cold Planet.

Kind of like a small Lego set. I'd pay whatever I paid for the DLC that had the toilets.

19. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I could be a popsicle!!! :carlton:

20. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Seems to me, that would suck.

21. KissSh0t Master Engineer

You left out one word!

22. KissSh0t Master Engineer

23. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

I like the eye candy... but can we step it up a notch... with WIND that exerts randomish lateral forces on your ships and characters.
    With weather like snow and cold... how about a localized change in air density that gives a bump to atmospheric thruster output. That might also work for day and nighttime temperatures.

24. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I think hailstones the size of softballs and ionizing radiation would be simply splendid.

25. DragonDoom Trainee Engineer

So bored with SE.
    When will there be movement on ME ?

26. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I have no idea, this is the Space Engineers sub-section of the forum, perhaps you should ask that question in the ME sub-section of the forum.

--

Regarding the SE public test.

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  27. DragonDoom Trainee Engineer

No point. KSH isn't posting on there.

• Late Late x 1
  28. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

And they don't post in here on ME things.
    They (devs) barely post on SE things in here. :D

29. Crimsonknight Riczen Trainee Engineer

It's nice, after 3-4years of playing this game, and see its slow progression, the game is thriving with lots of updates, since its departure from early access, with this basic Weather Element, it brings up a new challenge and realism to the lifeless oasis of mountains, hills, ice flats.

I'm still hoping they'll add more variety of Fauna In the future, a stepping stone for lootable consumables, instead of looting "nuts n' bolts" on a pooch.
    --- Automerge ---
    It's puts the space engineers a step closer in having Liquid water on the game, if that comes we'll have water crafts to conquer the planet's oceans. And that's a nice time to play with the "ship's trim and stability calculation" a nice added math field on the game, in my mind as a seafarer like me, making, designing ship's along side with a calculator. With lesser bugs of course.

30. Sirhan Blixt Apprentice Engineer

I'm glad that you ONLY get "nuts n' bolts" out of those things. What the hell am I going to do with ENTRAILS?