Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Fuzz on LCDs filled with spaces?

Discussion in 'Programming (In-game)' started by vrav, Apr 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. vrav Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]

Hi, I'm working on a multi-LCD project and am seeing some texture bleeding on what appear to be the glyph quads as well as the edge of the LCD, from one side to the other (see near the yellow highlight, right side).

Is it possible that having nearest-neighbor as an option for both glyph and overall LCD texture filtering would help this? Or is that too far from the aesthetic of the game? If the engine has a setting for it, I suspect setting the LCD panel texture to clamp instead of repeat would at least fix the bleed on the edge when one edge is lit, but obvs that's just speculation on my part.

Is there anything else I can do to avoid this? My whole multi-panel display class is based on being able to set individual 'pixels', so it has to be filled with spaces.

Thanks for reading, hope someone can help with this!

For the curious, it is somewhat perfomant, just can't loop over too many pixels in one tick. Video:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  2. Malware Master Engineer

I mean, you're not really supposed to do this, so the probability of them actually doing something to make it better... Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Sure, it's performant on a single computer/single player... but please please don't use scripts like this on a server, you'll ruin the day of the admins :p

Have you considered using the sprite system instead to do what you're after? You could probably make the shapes you need with a lot less traffic... depending on what you're doing.

https://github.com/malware-dev/MDK-SE/wiki/Text-Panels-and-Drawing-Sprites

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.