Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Game crashes when trying to screen record

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Adilongbeard, Feb 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Adilongbeard Trainee Engineer

Game crashes when trying to screen record. I tried with Fraps and Action! ,
    anyone know what could be the cause?

2. maggefus Trainee Engineer

It could be using too much memory, or the load could be too much for the system, you could try monitoring the usage and status from the taskmanager, if you start it before playing.

Have you done any testing with other software, to see if it also crashes the game?
    Give OBS a try, it seems like a lightweight recording/streaming option, and its also free :cool:

3. Adilongbeard Trainee Engineer

thank you, i just tried OBS, exactly the same result, as soon as i push the record key the game shows the sky and nothing goes anymore. it feels like its the game..

4. animedan Apprentice Engineer

i get the same issue sometimes (where the game crashes to desktop with an error report message) not all the time thue, using obs using game capture as the source

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2015
  5. Joyce Trainee Engineer

Try to update your Fraps to the latest version or reinstall it. I think your present Fraps is conflict with that game. If this way doesn’t work, you may consider using some other recorders. As far as I know, Bandicam and Apowersoft Screen Recorder are also good to use without costs or limits. Hope they are workable on your computer.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.