Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Game Freeze/crash

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Moo TheCow, Dec 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Moo TheCow Trainee Engineer

hey guys,
    my problem is, when i try to grind some items from a ship the game crashes everytime since yesterday.

i dont see the option to post a log here o.O sorry

I found it :D
    http://pastebin.com/QrSpwTBz

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2014
  2. Phand Master Engineer

Hi,

there is no exception in the log. :( But I think I know where the problem is in this case.

3. Moo TheCow Trainee Engineer

thanks for response.
    i see many people had the same problem on the steam forum

4. Boas Trainee Engineer

Phand will you share with us what the problem is?... I hate losing all my stuff because I have to crash the game... :D

5. Moo TheCow Trainee Engineer

again crashd:
    at this time i used the first tool...dont know the right name for it..but not the jackhammer or the grinder.
    log here:
    http://pastebin.com/tzUCrupg

6. Mr_Bean Apprentice Engineer

Can confirm this happens to me also on DS games since last update while grinding. Game freeze, have to end task to quit. 4 times tested...

7. vSOAPYv Trainee Engineer

I had this happening with my friends we all tried hosting private servers. The grinder would crash the client after 2 blocks or so.

We tried hosting a dedicated server after that and it was less frequent with the crashes from grinding. you could grind down 1/2 of the starting ship before crashing.

When not on the dedicated server the host would never crash.

8. Phand Master Engineer

Yes, I can tell you - the one problem is that during grinding incorrect matrix is send and the game crashes on render. The second problem occurs when there are mods in the game (scripts to be precise). I think both of them should be fixed in this update. But we have one more problem and are trying to fix it now, which is crash in Havok physics.

9. Cobra Apprentice Engineer

That is strange, why do you even need a matrix for grinding? Matrices should be use for stuff that include math heavy stuff like transforming a 3d world, scaling stuff, rendering, etc...
    The process of grinding does (or should not) cause any server side rendering and server sending matrices for rendering to the client?

Or does the havok physic engine (I don't know how the API of that looks like) requires communication of matrices from the server to the client?

10. tbagger98 Trainee Engineer

Thanks for letting us know there is/was a problem with grinding. I was on a dedicated server and the game would freeze after a few minutes of grinding a ship down. Good work on all the updates keep up the good work!!!!

11. vSOAPYv Trainee Engineer

I thought I posted this before but I guess it didn't work.

My friends and I are having the same problem. We were playing on private servers we tried hosting (not designated) and every 2-5 blocks we would grind off, the game would crash. The only person who wouldn't crash from grinding would be the host.

We hosted our own designated server after that and while we would still crash, we could grind up about half of the starting re spawn ship before the game would crash.

12. johneliot1978 Trainee Engineer

I have this issue also :( no mention of a fix in the notes for the patch that just came out on steam either :(

13. bigbangnet Apprentice Engineer

I was starting to go nuts...thanks for the confirmation of this bug... pretty annoying when you build and make a mistake now lol.
    But I do have to wonder (and I dont want to sound mean or to do a free rant but..) how the hell did this bug past testing ?!?
    P.S: If I use my ship that has grinders it doesnt crash afaik

14. Coreinsanity Apprentice Engineer

Just saying it now, if they actually answer this question I will be impressed. Most devs don't bother talking about that kind of thing.

Also I think I'm suffering from both of these crashes, so looking forward to the fix. Thanks for the updates, Phand!

15. D4rk4ng31 Junior Engineer

Same problem here :/

Time to play another game until hotfix :)

16. vSOAPYv Trainee Engineer

Has anyone ells tried this can we just use a ship grinder for now?

17. Thrax Trainee Engineer

I have a 5 sec freezes like every 30 sec and can't play 5 min without a crash. I give up and wait the fix .
    I tried another server and no crash ;) ( but soooo laggy when mining with XL ships )

Please work on it

18. Mr_Bean Apprentice Engineer

This issue is still present after update. Guess we'll have to wait another 6 days now til this will be fixed. So disappointing....

19. Marsh007 Trainee Engineer

Tested about 5 minutes ago, grinder still crashing/freezing game. Like someone already mentioned - hope this doesn't take a week to fix.

20. Sky Trainee Engineer

Confirmed on dedicated 64 server with and without mods. Client crashes when hand grinding.

21. Dawson14 Trainee Engineer

I posted about this yesterday in another thread. Grinder crashes my game in any multi server. Very quickly I might add.

22. johneliot1978 Trainee Engineer

Yeah would be great to get an out cycle patch for it, because it's pretty game breaking, you literally can't make small ships anymore, because you can't grind at all, it's an instant crash for me every time :'(

23. RustyTrader Trainee Engineer

I have no problem grinding Armor block but as soon as I try and grind a Landing gear (as player not ship) it hangs, grinding start normal but hangs as soon as it reaches the red/blue line, had the same problem grinding a Spotlight, the Server log shows nothing and the client log is empty.

24. RustyTrader Trainee Engineer

Can confirm when hand grinding the door to the starter ship nothing happens as well as when grinding armor block, but if I grind Landing Gear or Spotlight the client hangs as soon as it reaches the red/blue line.
    Plying with Dedicates 64bit server and Cline 1.60.22 64bit

25. botelhorui Trainee Engineer

26. GotLag Senior Engineer

Doesn't seem to actually matter what I weld. Welded a landing gear to completion, no problem. Welded a projector, fine. Welded a small reactor, crashed the instant it reached 100%.
    Next I welded the landing gear to 100%, then just rapidly clicked on the already-complete landing gear. After about 5 clicks it crashed.
    Always the same error:
    Code:
    2014-12-14 04:07:05.358 - Thread:   6 ->  Exception occured: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
       at VRageRender.MyTransparentGeometry.CopyBillboardToVertices(Int32 billboarIdx, MyBillboard billboard)
       at VRageRender.MyTransparentGeometry.CopyToVertexBuffer(List`1 billboards)
       at VRageRender.MyTransparentGeometry.Draw(Texture depthForParticlesRT)
       at VRageRender.MyRender.DrawRenderModules(MyRenderStage renderStage)
       at VRageRender.MyRender.DrawScene()
       at VRageRender.MyRender.Draw3D(Boolean applyBackupStack)
       at VRageRender.MyRender.DrawMessageQueue()
       at VRageRender.MyRender.Draw(Boolean draw)
       at VRage.MyRenderThread.Draw()
       at VRage.MyRenderThread.RenderCallback()
       at SharpDX.Windows.RenderLoop.ProxyNativeWindow.Run(RenderCallback renderCallback)
       at VRage.MyRenderThread.RenderThreadStart(Object param)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)
    2014-12-14 04:07:05.360 - Thread:   6 ->  Hiding window
    2014-12-14 04:07:05.379 - Thread:   6 ->  Hiding window done
    2014-12-14 04:07:05.379 - Thread:   6 ->  Showing message
    Note that this is the same error thrown when crashing while using the hand drill, as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2014
  27. bsavat Trainee Engineer

Glad i am not the only one with the game freeze on grinding and that the issue is being corrected.

28. Boas Trainee Engineer

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH

Fix it!! Drop what ever you are doing and fix it!...

I dont care if the Skyblok is nice, if there is a warning when I crash into thing... none of that matters... since I can't build a dahm base without grinding down a stinking plate!!

In other words... DEV TEAM... TALK TO US, LET US KNOW YOU ARE WORKING!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2014
  29. Roxette Senior Engineer

I was curious that this problem affected some servers but not others. From local testing it appears to happen with the 64-bit server only. If the server host changes to the 32-bit server process, it does not occur.

30. wess Trainee Engineer

Good to see i am not the only one, just jumped on to complain LOL. Absolutely game breaking. 30 crashes today? maybe more? I'm out until fix lost to much already. Please fellas lets get this repaired servers cost money. Or at bare minimum back it up until all these bugs are ironed out.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.