Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Game Freeze/crash

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Moo TheCow, Dec 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. demolish50 Senior Engineer

2. Tearin Trainee Engineer

3. Jackloco Trainee Engineer

[FONT= &#39]I was playing with my two other friends in survival, extreme mode with three platforms. My second friend had the same issue the day before when they played without me. When I started playing with them I took the hits and started crashing every time I grinded two blocks in a rapid succession, I froze. I was forced to end the game causing me to lose all of my items in my inventory. My first friend advised me to start the game in admin mode because it would allow more memory for the game. It worked, ish, it only increased the already small amount of time I could play in one go. SE has only taken about 4 gbs of ram ever since I have gotten it. My computer itself takes about 5 gbs. I have a 16 gb ram, so i have 7 gb of unused memory. I honestly don't think it is a memory issue, but SE might be spiking in memory so hard that it stops the entire game. This only happens when grinding blocks, I even crashed a large ship into an asteroid and my computer did not stutter. Anyone think that there will be a micro-update or just an update on Thursday. First time writing on a forum page, if you guys have any tips or tricks on writing on forum pages, I would appreciate it greatly.[/FONT]
    [FONT= &#39] [/FONT]
    [FONT= &#39]Thank you in advanced

[/FONT]

4. Phand Master Engineer

Hi,

one of the crashes should be fixed by Monday hot-fix. We are trying to fix another.

5. Boas Trainee Engineer

Well... Still Insta-Crash... That's nearly a week gone... :(

https://www.dropbox.com/s/twi5rh9iz4w0uvr/SpaceEngineersDedicated.log?dl=0

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014
  6. Phand Master Engineer

Hi,

this crash log does not contain the actual crash. it is happening from time to time, but I cannot read any useful info from it. :( I am sorry.

7. NightStalker Apprentice Engineer

I don't see any crash in my logs as well, Windows Error Report show:

Fault bucket , type 0
    Event Name: AppHangTransient
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0
    Problem signature:
    P1: SpaceEngineers.exe
    P2: 1.0.0.0
    P3: 548f3bf8
    P4: unknown
    P5: unknown
    P6: unknown
    P7: unknown
    P8:
    P9:
    P10:
    Attached files:
    These files may be available here:

Analysis symbol:
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: d308d1c6-8541-11e4-8275-50e5495223b8
    Report Status: 2049
    Hashed bucket:

8. botelhorui Trainee Engineer

The freeze doesnt shows anything in the logs. Bug devs need to turn on DEBUG when joining multiplayer servers, and grind

9. Model192 Trainee Engineer

My log while crashing with the grinder:

http://pastebin.com/ZGk1t7Zs

Please fix this. It makes the game unplayable for me and my friends. One friend purchased a 4 pack on Steam to give to all of us and is very frustrated.

10. Pseudonymn Trainee Engineer

This problem along with a reliable workaround has been identified in the following thread:

http://forums.keenswh.com/post/01-060-022-64-bit-game-crash-freeze-when-grinding-small-armor-block-when-players-7204215?pid=1285391992#post1285391992

In short, the game freezes when grinding down small light armor blocks when your inventory is full; keep lots of room in your inventory when grinding these blocks (empty your pack when the indicator turns red) and you should have no problems.

11. botelhorui Trainee Engineer

I already tried that. Even if I keep space in inventory it still freezes

12. Pseudonymn Trainee Engineer

That's odd. I've been playing all week without a crash except when I forget to make space in my inventory when grinding small light armor blocks. Virtually everything else that I've ground down drops an entity into open space when my pack is full like they normally do without crashing my client. To be fair, I haven't ground down every block in the game yet but I'm confident at this point, after nearly a week of playing, it's only triggered by the sm.Light armor blocks, which reliably and predictably crash my client when I neglect to clear space in my inventory.

Can you describe in detail what you're doing at the time when your client crashes?

13. Cyber Cheese Apprentice Engineer

Fly up to ship after first logging in to DS and spawning at a medical room. Switch to hand grinder. Target a block and click. Screen freezes with grinding sound as soon as sparks start to fly.. My game must be force closed, but observers will see my astronaut continue under whatever commands I had entered, including grinding and possibly twisting/floating.

This can be the very first block I grind or the 1,000th, but it's almost always when I first start grinding the block.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2014
  14. botelhorui Trainee Engineer

I started grinding some block and it happens. Like just now:
    [​IMG]

15. NightStalker Apprentice Engineer

I have to disagree, I have had it happen frequently when I have little in my inventory. It is just totally random and was not happening prior to the last patchmas.

16. demolish50 Senior Engineer

Yup its random.

17. Phand Master Engineer

Hi,

this should be fixed by yesterdays fix. Is it fixed?

18. Amelia Trainee Engineer

I played for several hours yesterday, not a single crash where before it was quite an achievement to even play for half an hour without it crashing so I think it's safe to say it's fixed. :D

19. Phand Master Engineer

Thank you for confirmation. :) Closing.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.