Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Game image sharpness!

Discussion in 'General' started by 4RC, Jun 14, 2019 at 16:05.

1. 4RC Trainee Engineer

I made topic like this a while ago, asking why image quality on 1080p res looks like shit even tough I'm running it on 1080p monitor and did't got a single reply.

[​IMG]

As you can see on image, signs on refineries are barely readable even tough I have maxed settings and running max res on my monitor. I found that post processing is really messing things up, and I wish there was image sharpness scale bar option in this game! :(

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019 at 19:02
  2. WoYo-Sensei Trainee Engineer

Maybe try reShade?
    It's a free app for post-processing in games, quite easy to use. You may also find some examples already made for SE.
    You can get the app from https://reshade.me

3. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

4. 4RC Trainee Engineer

Thanks for reply, I already knew about these mods before I was posting this. Reason why I posted is that this isn't some kind of skin, custom block model or any other thing that people may or may not prefer in their mod list. Its an issue that developers should fix not modding community. that's why I addressed this here, hoping that someone would look in this issue and fix it in upcoming patches or at least in near future.

5. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

For the most part, the Devs are rarely looking in the forums anymore. Your best bet is to add it to the https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/general site. I doubt it will revert back to where it was clearer.

The way it is now is part of the visual update we had a few months ago. So sadly it is up to modders if you want a clear, crisper look.

6. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I wish mine looked that good!

7. odizzido Junior Engineer

Yeah I don't know why it was thought that making everything fuzzy was a good idea. Thanks for the mod link, it's a good one to know

8. Roxette Senior Engineer

I believe the idea was by making it all look shit to distract attention away from all the actual bugs. ;)

9. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

I think "looks like shit" is in the eye of the beholder (see what I did there?).

I'm playing the game right now on a 48" monitor. It looks great to me.

Given all the other things Keen needs to address you should not be surprised that this issue, if it is an issue, has low priority.

10. odizzido Junior Engineer

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

Yeah. That definitely did.