Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Game Start Loading Screen

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by 666Savior, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. 666Savior Apprentice Engineer

I did a forum search and could not find anything that mentioned this idea, so if it has been suggested i apologize in advance.

So upon starting space engineers some people are met with a purplish screen that lasts for a few seconds to a few minutes as the game loads all the basic files and resources and such that it needs. My first thought when i see this and it lasts a little longer than the last time is that my game crashed, especially when i move my mouse and can hear the menu buttons clicking. Now i remember in the road map that Marek was aware of this

My suggestion is to add in an intro video.It could be like what they have playing in the background of the menu. To save on processing power I would have it be a pre-rendered / recorded video clip. While this prerecorded footage plays, the game loads whatever resources it needs in the background. And now instead of a purple screen that makes people wonder if the game is crashed or not working, we have a nice intro clip to watch.

Instead of ships crashing, however, it could be some quick animations that turn into the Keen software house and Good AI logos, along with the Vrage Logo. Or it could be some other animation of ships flying around and stations opening fire on incoming enemies and other such things that all end in the space engineers logo appearing.Or you could combine both.

And we all know that some people's computers load faster than others so if possible, add in a progress bar or have a prompt to click a button to skip the remaining into clip once the game has loaded the resources it needs so we aren't forced to wait for the intro to finish.

Based on some of the teaser videos we have see in the past from Keen, I believe this would be possible with minimal effort. That being said, i understand this is an extremely low priority and probably wouldn't be addressed until right before the game leaves beta.

The other possibility that comes from this is that if the team is having trouble making an intro sequence or deciding what to have in it, they could ask the community for help. They could ask for us to vote for what intro sequences we like or for us to submit footage to be used.

Let me know what you think! :)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Aracus Senior Engineer

Everyone hates those videos, just smoothen out the initial game start process, if it needs to load stuff, show us a spinning cog/progressbar/expanding thrusterflame/extending&exploding piston

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.