Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Gas "giants" and hydrogen "skimming"

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by FoolishOwl, Jul 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. KissSh0t Master Engineer

This is a little off topic, just thought of it while reading the comments here..... is there a mod that turns the jump drive from a teleporter into a going fast type jump drive??... like... it makes the ship go at about 1000m/s and the ship only goes in a strait line and it can't actually hit objects... just goes very fast in a strait line.. that would be so cool, I wish jump drive was like that, I really hate that the jump drive is just a teleporter :<

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Levits Senior Engineer

Same here, phasing through a planet is far more enjoyable than simply flicking a switch and suddenly appearing somewhere. I've used the speed mod and got up to 4000m/s and by all accounts it is far more impressive than just... whatever that effect is that the jump drive does. Really wish that that is how the jump drive was implemented... well, I can still hold out hope for some jump gates or something that might work in such a manner.

3. Malware Master Engineer

It can be done better than that. Increase speed even further, simply ignore asteroids - don't even render them, just render planets. Then a simple raycast collision check against simple spheres. Would work just great and be a hell of a lot more interesting than the current utterly boring POP.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Ohh my goodness that would be so freaking awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  5. KingdomBragg Junior Engineer

Rexxar leaks of things to come. Go to 03:05:26 in the video below:

Just for modders, but still very welcome :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. FoolishOwl Junior Engineer

Good news, indeed.

Paging doctoroctoganapus.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.