Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Gautus System: Another fully colonized System

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Sarekh, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Sarekh Senior Engineer

Good evening, folks!

I've begun to create yet another solar System! This time I am going for a more concentrated approach.

The Gautus System, named after the largest mountain on the Imperial Homeworld, has been colonized for a long time. The only major body is Gautus I, a large ice planet with impressive mountains and one of the oldest colonies of the Akhinnae Empire. Being a resort for officers on leave as well as a popular retirement home for veterans, the infrastructure is on luxury and tourisms. Hotels, sporting facilities and museums are to be found and the Imperial Fleet has set up a good deal of recruiting offices there in order to get tourists to join the military.

The Gautus system will have fewer installations then my last system but a bit more than Acolin System. The cities are better developed as they have been here for quite some time. There are museums and cultural facilities and you will learn more about the civilian life in the core worlds here if you want.

What it will feature:
    • two large cities
    • two smaller villages
    • several small sites on the main planet
    • a decomissioned carrier in orbit serving as a large military museum
    • 10 additional large stations in orbit
    • TONS OF BACKSTORIES

As usually, feedback would be HIGHLY appreciated :)

Links to my other worlds:

Acolin System - a colony in the making
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1161854472
    Akholestis System - a heavily fortified frontline colony
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1373380444

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Smokki Trainee Engineer

I love that idea of decomissioned carrier serving as museum. Can't wait to see all the references to Acolin and Akholestis and what kind of architectural style this system has :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sarekh Senior Engineer

The Gautus System is nearing completion!

I've begun incorporating backstories and texts - there will also be a couple of smaller, optional "quests" that you can follow through in order to get a sense of purpose this time.

[​IMG]
    Settlement of Lish

[​IMG]
    Main Street in Gautus City

[​IMG]
    School

[​IMG]
    Part of the orbital carrier museum

[​IMG]
    Small harbour at night

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Sarekh Senior Engineer

I tried out the "high def" mode of Space Engineers - so last sneak peak before release:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Smokki Trainee Engineer

I'm getting hyped over here... and I bet it's going to be released right when I'm away from a proper computer for a while :woot:

6. Sarekh Senior Engineer

So, IRL go in the way but I am nearly done. Finished all the building (this time for real) and started implementing all the lore (again: for real)

Gonna be done, soon!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  7. J-Cataclism Apprentice Engineer

Cool, man, really cool!

8. Sarekh Senior Engineer

It's done! I've finished Gautus!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1688915594

Welcome to Gautus, my smallest and largest story world at the same time: Smallest because it is only one planet and not three like in the other worlds. Largest because without actually checking it I think I made the most texts and buildings in this one. It certainly has the largest city I have done to date:

[​IMG]

This time it will have a quest-line of sorts. Find out what happened in the science institute and who is behind it and try to apprehend them!

I would love to get some feedback on the world and the storyline :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Soup Toaster Apprentice Engineer

Looks fantastic, well done!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. J-Cataclism Apprentice Engineer

Damn, man! I´m sold: it´s amazing!!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. J-Cataclism Apprentice Engineer

@Sarekh , that starter ship... WOW! Amazing!
    I had a lot of fun just investigating it all... those ships... in vertical parking.. darnt it: a problem for bad pilots like me! :-D

And I haven´t still began the exploration of Antarctica, because I´m trying to figure out why does it "disappear" from my gameplay and savegame.

Great stuff from you! (y)

12. J-Cataclism Apprentice Engineer

...dude, I´ve gotta say: this scenario is AWESOME!

I felt like I was back on the 90´s, playing some mix of board Dungeons & Dragons + Battletech!
    The way you´ve added so many lesser stories... and specially the way the player is thrilled to search for information thru the coordinates from LCDs... OUTSTANDING!

I am speechless!
    And I won´talk more about it for now, not only because it´s all so freakin´ amazing, but mainly to not spoil the surprise for others. Man, I have been playing about 10 hours in this scenario, and still haven´t visited not even half of the spots.

My first arrive at the main city was at night, so things got even more beautiful!

It´s a pity my computer cannot handle well all that stuff in the Gautus city, but this planet will be my new homeworld!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Sarekh Senior Engineer

Thank you so much, that was precisely what I was aiming for :-D

14. J-Cataclism Apprentice Engineer

Hey, Sarekh! After many, many hours enjoying all the three systems (but not even 50% each, yet!), I have to ask: ARE YOU HUMAN?! O.ô!

:woot:

Well, Sarekh, sir... here are a few good stuff I´ve dealt with in your worlds.

ATTENTION: SPOILER!

As the life in Gautus System was becoming too "expensive" (to my computer resources, at least ;-D ), I decided to take just a quick trip (for now) thru Akholestis
    and next arrived at Acolin (had to take advantage of the 30% off non-middle-stops ticket).

While in some kind of burn-oil time, for some difficulties due to a non-authorized jump from some "red-and-white-bastards", the local authorities suggested I should
    take a trip to "The Orbital Bar". After a bunch of calculations, due to the prohibit of a FTL jump inside a gravity well, I confess I´ve almost shited my pants,
    because I didn´t hope that the Bar was actually inside the 0.06-G zone! Almost lost control of the "Leaper" ship ´cause my max speed is set to 242 m/s....

When I got into the Bar and the local customers finally stop laughing of my "usual foreigner dumb piloting skill", I told the barman that I´ve heard about some
    nice business from Sarekh House thru my travel so far, you know, just to make conversation. Suddenly, the music stop; the lights went almost all off; most of the customers
    got out; and then, the barman (who is also the owner of the place) not so gently grabbed me by the shoulder and took me in front of an LCD panel which I haven´t seen yet.

He asked me "do you know this son... this gentleman", while pointing me to your name on the LDC. I said "no, sir, I´ve just read about his work and bought his travel
    guide, which pointed me to this system.". I took a little while until he appeared to be convinced, and then the music, the lights and the customers seemed to return to normal.

Then, the barman told me if I ever find you and convince you to follow me back there, there could be some great reward... for "both" of us.
    "Bring him back here", he said, "together that Merak Sora friend of him, who claimed to be developing some kind of ""Clever Software"" company, and whose main
    marketing campaingn for starters would be give for free a copy of a book that hasn´t even been released yet, ""Trek Start"", some bulshit about a stupid Capitain
    Prick-yard".

When I realized my balls were back, I risked to ask "why, sir?", and he said you and that friend of yours have fake-paid your bills using a invalid American Express
    card, cause otherwise you would have been obliged to use your Hitchhiker´s Guide credential to drink for free.

So, Sarekh, here is my pledge: stop messing around as for the future travelers will have to clean your mess! Luckly enough that some places your guide pointed me
    became pirate´s redoubts! "Luckly", because at the very moment I´ve arrived, they were off in their duties...

15. Sarekh Senior Engineer

Hahahaha, you should not mess around with the bar owner, he's kind of a tough cookie ^^

I am glad that you seem to be enjoying the worlds :) I just started making a fourth one - and that one will be... different

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.