Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Geo-Scout Microship

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Joeliosis, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Joeliosis Trainee Engineer

I wanted to make the smallest, most low profile craft as possible; something to poke around inside asteroids, navigate around a big build. A very small craft.

Heres my first try at a Shuttle-type vessel.

/post/<a href=[​IMG]

/post/<a href=[​IMG]

The width of the entire craft is barely bigger than the Cockpit. Only 2 thrusters are hidden, and the craft accelerates gently, to a nice 25<mps?) I had to stop abrubtly because I was flying in a construction zone, and found that it stops ncely with only 2 retro thrusters.
    There are no Large Engines on this craft, its is only meant for delicate transportation purposes.
    /post/<a href=[​IMG]^^ Like this

/post/<a href=[​IMG]
    /post/<a href=[​IMG] I can almost fly this down a hallway of a bigger vessel. Your clearance in this shuttle is basically what you can see around the cockpit, so traveling into narrow tunnels is possible with care.

/post/<a href=[​IMG]Parked in the hangar

Building it was easy, took under an hour. Im using 5 small reactors, and 2 Gyros, Some of these components are visible on the surface of the ship. I didnt waste any time covering all of the sensitive thrusters, only because I wanted as small a craft as possible, and still maintain full maneuverability.
    /post/<a href=[​IMG]" class="bbc_img">
    /post/<a href=[​IMG]" class="bbc_img">

/post/<a href=[​IMG]" class="bbc_img">/post/<a href=[​IMG]

"CANARY" Class Shuttle Craft
    Mass: 13,856 kg
    Power: 43Gw
    Thrusters: 15
    Topspeed: Fast. 48m/s after accelerating for 20 seconds. Got it to 95 before I started losing sight of base.

Steam Workshop Address: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=190258261

Subscribe if you like how my mind works

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.