1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Getting the ModSDK Texture Tool to Work?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Bullethead, Apr 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Bullethead

Bullethead Apprentice Engineer

I've never messed with Python so could use some help here.

Situation:
    I have Python 3.4.3 (I think, whatever the latest version is) installed on my machine. I have the ME ModSDK. I can edit the convert_all.py script that's in the SDK.

Difficulties:
    1. I have no idea at all how to edit the script to specify the source and destination folders. I'm assuming you do that in the top 2 lines of the script (SOURCE_DIR = and DESTINATION_DIR =) but I don't know the proper syntax. Please explain (in detail).

2. I'm not sure what to do with the 3rd line, COMPRESSION = True # True/False. Do I just change the initial word "True" to "False" if needed and leave the "# True/False" part alone?

3. I'm not entirely sure I know how to run the script. When I right-click on it, I get the option to open it either with Python or with my text editor. If I select Python, or if I just double-click the script, a DOS box pops up for like 1/2 a second but contains no text so I can't tell if it's actually running or why not if it isn't. Do I really need to open a DOS box deliberately and do all the old-school commands I haven't used in 30 years?

Thanks in advance.

2. Bullethead

Bullethead Apprentice Engineer

Never mind, figured this out. Don't edit the script, just create subfolders with the specified names.

3. Jugbot

Jugbot Apprentice Engineer

Btw, I found out that you cannot add absolute paths to the script, but instead you can place the texture builder stuffs in the ME directory, set the scenarios folder as the output folder, and finally make desktop shortcuts for the script and input folder for easy access.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.