Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

GreenSpace Designs - Space Mafia Boss Mobile (Builds by me :) )- Updated as of 9-19-14

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by GreenRayzHD, Aug 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

Hello there I'm GreenRayzHD and I gonna show you guys the first few craft that I ever made on space engineers. I think they are great for a newbie! Hopefully they aren't shyt to you guys! :D Also I have videos for them on my new channel I started @

Visit my Channel Here!

Here they are (Links below, above pictures) Make sure to leave a reply with feedback aye :wave:

The AA-07L *Destiny Inspired*

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=300177690

[​IMG]
    Next is the ADS Mark.I which is a ship with a dropship design

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=301394202

[​IMG]
    Next is sort of a heavy style fighter that needs to be fixed power-wise, The GR-01a

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=300175856

[​IMG]
    Lastly is a thing I did for fun. The Pimp Mobile! W/ flipper just in-case.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=300569937

[​IMG]
    Please be sure to visit my Channel as i am trying to start one up and it pretty hard as it is :D
    Thanks and Enjoy my ships lads[​IMG].[​IMG] I can only improve with your support guys. So feedback, that stuff is amazing so leave some :D[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Or visit my channel here :D[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. David Halston Apprentice Engineer

Unfortunately, the ships that the community is able to create is much more impressive in all sizes and calibers. But for a starter creation it's not quite bad. You might be able to create better versions in the future

3. Tristavius Senior Engineer

I like the side-by-side cockpits, don't remembering seeing that before. Do those rotors actually spin (the angle of one makes it look like it would).

Got a good chuckle out of the pimp mobile too :D

4. VilniusNastavnik Apprentice Engineer

Firstly, let me welcome you to the forums.
    Whilst Mr. Halston is correct, there are many more impressive ships, both aesthetically and functionally, I believe he has forgotten that we were all new to the game at one point, and we all started out building blocky vessels. One only learns through practise.
    I say good work on your vessels, The pimp car made me chuckle. Float around the community creations page, have a look through various threads, the hotlink to mine is at the bottom of this comment in my signature if you are interested, and see what they have done, is there something you like? Is there something you wish to try? And experiment, and very quickly you will find you will turn blocky vessels into refined pieces of art.
    And remember, do not feel the need to cover every square foot of the ship with armor.. sometimes a bit of exposed ducting can give it that industrial feel.
    Good work, and I look forward to see what you come up with in the future.
    [​IMG]

5. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

Thanks man I actually made it so the rotors spin. I'm glad you liked it! :) see the rotors spin here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKIvNLxL-V8. [​IMG]

6. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

Thanks for the help my friends. I will take your advice and your help was much appreciated. I will look around and perhaps take more inspiration from ships that have a more badass light assault, low armour look! I will take a look at your work as well. I will live up to your expectations alright! :D

7. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

Alrighty man thanks for the feedback. Right now I'm working on something huge so keep an eye out :)

8. Nik0 Apprentice Engineer

That pimp mobile is the most imaginative thing I have seen on this forum in just about ever. I love it!

As far as pointers go, maybe try and conceal the engines in your destiny-inspired (really excited for destiny so bonus points there) ship a bit more. It seems those large thrusters in the wings stick out too far. Also the way you've placed rocket launchers in the GR-01a is way less likely to equate to an explosive self-destruct mechanism.

And please, for the love of all that is holy, stop messing around with text size...

9. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

Thanks for the heads up and fine i'll stop with the text stuff aye :) Your feedback is well appreciated!

10. Leon026 Apprentice Engineer

Hey there, welcome to the forums :D

Designing fighters is quite a fair bit of a challenge, but I believe it'll be something you'll love doing.

From what I've noticed, there are several schools of thought when it comes to fighters: agility fighters, firepower-based, and armored. I see myself belonging to the first, as all my fighter designs I try to keep in the 11,000 - 15,000kg zone. What I love about fighter designs is the whole tweaking between efficiency, weight and agility, as well as size. I find that trying to find that perfect balance is what makes designing fighters so challenging and so fun.

I think we've all started designing blocky ships, using blocks as the main part of the shape and feel - but you'll soon notice when designing fighters, the blocks aren't good for pure design (too heavy), but you'll use blocks to complement your design :)

My work (mainly fighter designing) as example: http://forums.keenswh.com/post/shigesaki-heavy-industries-rd-6697936?&trail=45

[​IMG]

I think there's one big phase in fighter design, and thats weight-cutting. Basically, you have the first prototype you built, and then weight-cutting basically involves finding ways to remove all non-essential armor blocks to drastically reduce the weight.

I think if you go through my thread, you'll see the progression of my direction - you'll notice that my early designs were heavily blocky, then i started cutting weight, and then I started working with efficient subsystems to incorporate conveyors to make sure all my equipment can be linked via a single or two cargo containers :)

Most of all, have fun, and dont be afraid to experiment!

11. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

I will try to make actual fighters with a more practical use and I will take a peak at your work to see how you do as you described! Thanks for the tips amigo :)

12. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

Leon026

I have looked at only a few of your designs and ideas are just flying out my mind for new craft to build lad! I been making ships look good not caring for agility and mobility as much. Clearly I was blinded by the fact that I can make a fighter look good and maneuver like a boss thanks for your assistance!

13. Leon026 Apprentice Engineer

Awesome :)

Dont be afraid to post up your design in a design log/thread - even if its not necessarily to get feedback from people, but to keep track of your own work and see the evolution in your design is always great to see - and definitely dont be afraid to experiment :)

14. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

Sure amigo I'll use this or another brand new GreenSpace forum thread to keep track of my own series of ships

15. David Halston Apprentice Engineer

Well... since everyone is showing off their creation, i might as well get some in there :D
    [​IMG]
    check it out here: http://forums.keenswh.com/post/uss-malevolence-class-victory-battlecruiser-work-in-progress-7007991?pid=1283683486#post1283683486

16. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

17. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

Hello if you here looking at my creations or someone else drop by my channel for a bit you don't have to subscribe just look around watch a video and have a good time amigo my channel is located here at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpcIBY-YE23dqhM9iGAfr8w
    Maaaybe a rating? :)

18. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

I'm am happy to announce that my first ever GreenSpace Fighter has been completed for the time being! It is an agile fighter with 4xMiniguns and 4xRocket Lauchers. More Specs can be seen in the video below make sure to visit the channel its on (mine) but first here is the workshop link.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=302063087
    Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpcIBY-YE23dqhM9iGAfr8w

Here it is ladies and gentleman! The TZ-100 Styker

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Plez leave feedback and visit my channel thanks lads.[​IMG]

19. VilniusNastavnik Apprentice Engineer

See, told you it wouldn't take long to make your blocky ships into pieces of art :D

20. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

Yes my friend. Your words became very true. Thank you for the support :) I will continue making spacecraft and I will take a look at some of your work. Much appreciated lad Also Click Here :D

21. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

I got some new ships up and ready just have to adjust some things and make them a little lighter. Expect 1-2 fighters later on today lads!!! Also Click Here as well amigos :D[​IMG]

22. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

23. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

24. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

Im gonna just keep pumping out ships like a machine :D It's rather fun![​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. David Halston Apprentice Engineer

Eh, rather than keep pumping out content mindlessly, try your best to focus to complete a big beautiful, high quality ship that set the standard. That's what I do every time I want to build a ship

26. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

I believe that what you said should be noted but at the time all these were posted, ideas for fighters kept constantly appearing I wanted to make interesting fighters. People should know well its isn't all about the biggest ships with amazing detail. Currently I'm not at the level to build like that. So I'm building something I enjoy building, Fighters. :) Your feedback was appreciated lad!

27. VilniusNastavnik Apprentice Engineer

Don't listen to him, some people love building giant uber ships that can only be created on creative because they would take months to produce on survival without a team of a hundred other engineers there by making them useless for faction wars... and then there are other people who love building smaller ships that fit a purpose and can be mass produced in an instant on survival like myself.
    Form Follows Function I always say.

28. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

Yep I fall in the boat of people that love small ships. I like making small, elegant ships that people could be made in survival even if they wanted to incorporate it in something, retro fit it, or modify it. I don't really care to much for building huge ships :)

29. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

People expecting huge ships are giving my thread quite a shyt rating :(

30. VilniusNastavnik Apprentice Engineer

Don't worry about the thread ratings, it means nothing anyway. People will like what they like. My thread has no rating. If people like my ships, perfect, if they don't eh no impact upon me. I'll boost it up a bit. Clicked, 5 brought you up to 3.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.