Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

GreenSpace Designs - Space Mafia Boss Mobile (Builds by me :) )- Updated as of 9-19-14

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by GreenRayzHD, Aug 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Kayatami Apprentice Engineer

Your ships are lovely. To each their own. You build what you feel like creating.

Don't focus so much on community opinion (thread rating on this forum seems pointless anyway), just keep working on what you're doing.

My series of ships are only large so far, and no small yet. Been wanting to do one, but haven't decided on a design yet. I just think I'm too lazy sometimes. x.x

2. VilniusNastavnik Apprentice Engineer

Yep, Your ships are a real beaut mate. Mine are a mix of small and large, but nothing larger than 50m by 25m by 30m. My smallest is tiny.
    Also, your sig hotlink does not work mate. Thought I'd let you know.

3. Kayatami Apprentice Engineer

oh shoot!

How about now? ._.

btw, if you want some more attention GreenRay for your videos, can also try advertising on the steam forums too!

4. VilniusNastavnik Apprentice Engineer

Yep, Works now.

5. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

Oh since it means nothing I'm fine then but thanks lad :D

6. Leon026 Apprentice Engineer

Cool stuff, looks like you're getting the hang of fighter shapes and forms.

Lets kick up the difficulty ;)

Mind posting also the ship stats? Weight, power output, number of gyros, number of thrusters?

How are you managing subsystems? Are they all linked to conveyors?

7. VilniusNastavnik Apprentice Engineer

There is an idea :D.
    The student has mastered the first lesson, time to move onto the second. :p
    On another note, might I suggest adding a couple small thrusters to the back as I noticed not all ships had them. Through the console you can create commands which will be a later lesson, unless you have already discovered that, to toggle specific groups on and off. Try your ships out by ducking into asteroids and using them as a gauntlet of sorts to test manoeuvrability. Large thrusters give too much thrust and may cause you to crash into the rock when trying to fly through an asteroid, toggling off the large ones and using only small 'manoeuvring' thrusters can help you evade enemies in a dog fight when ducking into asteroids to lose them. And if you have rockets facing backwards, or attached to rotors on your ships that can pivot 180 degrees, you could fire at the rocks behind you to create dust and even dislodge some rock to slow your pursuer. But that is a later lesson.
    Might I also recommend armoured thrusters. Great mod that adds thrusters encased entirely in 2x1 armour eliminating the need for holes like on your styker's vertical thruster placement.

8. Tipiak Apprentice Engineer

I don't think that's the main reason.

More likely they find your "ships"... well... not good.

9. Kayatami Apprentice Engineer

All beginner ships are like that. When I was first starting out ... I'd look at keens awesome ships ... then look at my flying bricks. ._.

Even after all this time, I'm always learning new ways to create ships. You learn to use certain objects in certain ways and/or different directions, etc.

We all start somewhere

10. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

This is ok because I am a beginner so hat as you wish everyone I need the negative and positive feedback anyway :)

11. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

True, am just starting to realize what certain things can do sorta :D Hopefully I can learn to the point on which my ships aren't hated as much and aren't to shyt

12. Kayatami Apprentice Engineer

Just remember you can't please everyone. Some people like blue, others like green. Keep building what you like, and what you want. :)

Over time you'll develop your own unique style building ships.

13. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

Alrighty amigo your advice is appreciated :D

14. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

Hello there its GreenRayzHD here once again to give you guys another ship! This one is called the M1 "Termite". It is a mining vessel. Hopefully you like this enough to visit my Youtube channel and give it a like and subcribe maybe? Enjoy! I have even more stuff in the works. Leave plenty of feedback lads so I can keep on improving slowly but surely!

Click Here to Visit My Channel

Steam Workshop Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=302986358

Identification: M1 "Termite"
    Weight: 16,158 kg
    Power : 900.00 kw
    Total amount of thrusters: 30
    Total amount of gyroscopes: 3
    SubSystem(s): Mining Drills connected to a large storage crate

[​IMG] View 2
    [​IMG] If you liked my mining ship please leave some feedback on it and maybe visit my channel. you don't have to. You can if you want by clicking this smile face :D

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. RavynKnight Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]
    Here is my pride and Joy.. Gunstar One from The Last Starfighter.. this is the second version of it.. now that mods are out and someone made a small ship pilot seat and small ship windows.. i was able to make my ultimate vision come true! now if only someone could make a large angled thruster that is vectored slightly up and to the side.. then she will be complete :thumb:

but i didn't start out this way though.. this is the culmination of Months of practice and almost 600 hours of in game time give or take an hour here or there for AFK while refineries chew through ore..

nice builds and i look forward to seeing what else you got!

16. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

Just saw your posts lad and my my will this be the next level! :) what is a subsystem in this game though?

17. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

This is indeed a fine vessel and with nearly 600 hours in the game its pretty nice to speak with a vet! This design looks very original. This is a presentation of a good talent. :) keep up your work as well!

18. VilniusNastavnik Apprentice Engineer

I only have 112 hours on record.. But that is mostly because the game still is not up to the point that I need to build some of the designs I have in my mind.. with current parts, they are either far too big, or far too small, or the parts are just not there yet.. large ship gattling guns (non turret), small ship windows and cockpit 2, 3 like they have on the big ships just for starters.

19. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

I hope for your sake and mine too that they make this game to the point where all designs or at least 99.9% of designs can be built :)

20. Tipiak Apprentice Engineer

Correct.

But those does not even seriously looked like ships...
    6 thrusters, a cockpit and few blocks are not my definition of "ship".

And to be fair, I come here, on that thread, to dream.
    To see badass ships.
    To see beautiful creations.

I don't know about you, but this topic does not content any of those (but yet, I'm still here... eh... What a paradox !). It's ok, you can't please everyone. So that's why I gave my opinion by rating your topic.

So that's why I think other peoples rated your topic as well.

And BTW, I'm kinda disapointed too by the "success" of this topic, in comparison with this one here.
    Both works are nothing comparable, but yet, it barrely get one answer...

Yes. That's my topic. And yes, I might be jealous :bawl:

21. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]

Even though you may have just thrown shyt on my creations but thanks still as feedback is feedback i guess and don't be jealous :D You can post your stuff here if you want its free space for everyone. GreenSpace for everyone :D

22. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

Hello there its GreenRayzHD here once again to give you guys another ship! This one is called the JN-10 "SpeedStar". Its for passive transport/its an civilian space craft.Hopefully you like this enough to visit my Youtube channel and give it a like and subscribe maybe? Enjoy! :D leave plenty of feedback even though this was a "light hearted" build for me. :D

Steam Work Shop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=303252444

Visit My Channel Here

Here is the JN-10 "SpeedStar" Civillian vehicle

Identification: JN-10 "SpeedStar"
    Weight: 10,355 kg
    Power : 1.10 kw
    Total amount of thrusters: 18
    Total amount of gyroscopes: 2
    SubSystem(s): N/A

[​IMG] View 2 below
    [​IMG]
    Hope you guys enjoyed this build decided i give civilian transport a go and this is what turned out. Not really too good but its ok to me :D[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

23. Leon026 Apprentice Engineer

By subsystems I mean cargo containers, power generators and weapons connected via a conveyor belt

24. Tcsisek Junior Engineer

You're ships are simply outstanding, they look great and seem very functional, although I usually make boxy, efficient, and heavy armored ships I'll probably take some of you're designs and modify them.

25. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]Really?! Please do and when your done link the designs to me!

26. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

Got It! :D

[​IMG]

27. VilniusNastavnik Apprentice Engineer

If you want to benchmark ships.. don't use your own as a comparison.
    I looked at your carrier and I did not find it all that impressive.. it confused me.. It looked like you attached a command deck to an office complex and slapped a parking garage to the side of it.. it just looked unfinished..
    See the thing about small ships is the desire to make it as fast and agile as possible without sacrificing form. Small ship blocks, even heavy armor get torn through rather fast.. so the focus is speed.
    Looks like you got a fan. Good work.

28. RavynKnight Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    so i'm trying something new here.. posting pic linked directly to my steam screenshots.. let me know if they are broken images or not.. but this is my small ship welder.. its designed to land the arms on 2 station landing gear leaving enough room to let the center ship disconnect and slap on another set of arms.. fully made in survival.. just some more ideas for you to wrap your brain around ;)

If you want i can get some screen shots of the beast that hooks up to the doodads that are being held by the landing gear in the background.. that is modular as well

29. GreenRayzHD Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]

A craft with arms?! Yet again I am hit with something new I will look into this and sure upload some of those pics aye :D

30. RavynKnight Apprentice Engineer

well instead of just throwing 7 new pictures in your thread and cluttering it up i just started my own creations thread Here Check them out =)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.