Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Halloween Update 1.184.6 - Skin Crafting & Ghost Skin

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by flexx, Oct 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Pharap Apprentice Engineer

Are you suggesting they 'fix' floating points to supposedly permit infinite space?

2. chrisb Senior Engineer

I think floating point has something to do with that. But there again I'm not a dev, so not sure. If its not floating point, then whatever it is.. Needs fixing. ;)

3. TheDeinonychus Trainee Engineer

I disagree with your assertion that the change doesn't affect us in any real way. Clearly, if it had no affect, people wouldn't be speaking up about it. If you wish to stay out of the conversation, that's fine. But a lot of us do feel negatively impacted by the recent change, and we want to be sure Keen knows our opinion on the matter.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Malware Master Engineer

I didn't say it didn't affect you in a real way. I said it doesn't affect me and the people who build like me in any way. Because we don't build in any way that's affected by this change.

See the connection? I'm talking about a subgroup of people, not everybody. I understand perfectly why you wanted it changed and I have absolutely no problem with that. Never did.

@Meteo Another one?!? Don't people actually read messages before judging anymore? Or was my sentences that easy to misunderstand?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. TheDeinonychus Trainee Engineer

Nail on the head there. When you said 'Like I said, this change does nothing for us either way' the 'us' came across as if you were speaking for players in general. And considering a large amount of people on this thread do feel affected (plus there's already at least one person here who doesn't seem to understand what everyone is talking about), it gave the impression that you were saying there was no problem and no one was having trouble with it.

However, now that we're both being more clear on the subject, it's obvious that isn't the case, and this was just a miscommunication between individuals. I now better understand your position, and I hope you understand my disagreement was with the text of your post, not your actual intent behind it.

Yes, I'd expect that not everyone would run into problems with this past update, considering no two people build in quite the same way. However, it seems clear that a lot of people are having issue with the update's changes. I doubt that the old thruster behavior negatively impacted anyone in any meaningful way, but the recent change certainly has had a negative impact on at least a sizable portion of the player base. The point we are trying to get across to Keen is that, changing thrusters to be more in line with their previous behavior would not have a negative impact on anyone, but would improve the game experience for many people over where it currently is.

Addendum:
    Seems today's update has at least addressed some of our issues. From the replies so far, there are still a few niggling issues, though it's clear they are not working at making the damage area at least more in line with the visual effect, rather than going for the 'quick and dirty' method of it.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. mojomann71 Junior Engineer

Just be standing by with some duct tape and glue when the Major does drop. :)

Trying to lighten things up a bit.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

Can we draw a line under this now? Todays patch changed the thruster damage to match the flame.

8. Lander1 Trainee Engineer

I have an idea that may help, add a black/brown mangled state to blocks (similar to their first build state but burned/rusted) when they are damaged enough instead of destroying them completely. This may save the engine enough to run a smooth fight instead of things turning into a slideshow as chunks of spacecraft become new grids...

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheDeinonychus Trainee Engineer

While that might cut down on a good deal of the lag created when ships fight, I do feel that might impact the 'feel' of the game. Part of the appeal of having big ship battles is seeing them torn apart and breaking up into a field of wreckage. Laggy, sure. But damned cool to watch.

10. Jackson McTerren Trainee Engineer

What do you mean 'emissive' ?

11. Roxette Junior Engineer

Its texture emits light

12. Tau Trainee Engineer

Good update, But this worries me. I don't want this DLC thing to go out of hand. In other words I don't want another Miner Wars.

13. FoolishOwl Apprentice Engineer

It's an industry-wide problem. I have to wonder what sort of external pressures Keen might be under to conform to what is becoming a standard practice, and how much they can resist those pressures.

14. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

could also be a money issue. i mean a one time purchase can't always sustain something forever.
    wheres optional extras that a player can choose to invest in could potentially keep a form of cash flow going.

15. FoolishOwl Apprentice Engineer

It's hard for me to refrain from an extended rant. The short version is, investors will demand that every possible revenue stream is exploited; the fact that some games have microtransactions leads to pressure on every game to have microtransactions. I'd prefer Keen resist this pressure, but I can't blame them for having to compromise, and trying to negotiate the best compromise they can. But, I can't feel good about it.

16. VKILLER Trainee Engineer

can anyone tell me why my skins aren't showing up in the customize character area

17. Jackson McTerren Trainee Engineer

Does the light change colour with the suit?
    --- Automerge ---
    Why don't the thruster effects show up when they're infront of blocks? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1199532665

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.