Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Hangar Docking System (Update 01.027)

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Tazoo, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Tazoo Trainee Engineer

After seeing the Update video I figured the wheels could be used for a crane in a hangar. Said and done I built one:

In theory you would also be able to build "multiple-axis movement cranes" That could be used in big ships as a cargo container transport or similar. Have you got any suggestions on how I could improve the crane?

2. Leon026 Apprentice Engineer

Interesting with the catwalk system, but I'd say the drawback is that it would only work with the same ship hull as yours. Have you considered an extending/retracting cat-walk system to accomodate different ship sizes?

3. NightStalker Apprentice Engineer

Very well done, Love the idea and opens a new world of possibilities :)

4. Tazoo Trainee Engineer

Yes, my initial plan was to use a single-axis moving arm, though the mechanisms would take to much I space. I will play around with the wheels for a piston bridge at some point in the future :)

5. Neotician Apprentice Engineer

I made a 2 axis crane using the wheels, would've made it 3-axis but ran into technical limitations.
    I also made it with wheels on both sides of the rail, this way you're not dependent or influenced by gravity, and it can handle a bit more twisting.
    I can upload it if you want to take a look.

6. Beanie Apprentice Engineer

This works beautifully. Thanks for sharing it with us. Subbed to your channel.

7. Xocliw Public Relations Staff

Great job Tazoo! Love this idea :thumb:!

[​IMG]

8. Brenner Junior Engineer

That hangar is amazing :)

9. ramrar Apprentice Engineer

fucking amazing work!

10. Stonewolf Junior Engineer

Tho its not (yet) fully automated landing, I love the Idea, cant wait for the day we can program all that to happen automatically when our ships gets close to the right spot. This style of landing solves lot of thruster damage landing problems. I honestly never even thought of this. Awesome work Tazoo :thumb:

11. Tazoo Trainee Engineer

Thank you all!

I made a tutorial on how to make it if you wish to recreate the crane :)

12. Astroboy747 Apprentice Engineer

Incredible! I never thought about this idea either.

13. tutkarz Apprentice Engineer

Nice tutorial but please stop moving camera that much, it is really disturbing.

14. XOIIO Apprentice Engineer

No time to watch it yet but I am guessing you hook the small ship onto the crane then pull it in? I had the same idea but was too busy working with hangar door stuff lol

15. Hawkeye Trainee Engineer

Tazoo i love your ship design could you upload it at the steam workshop? :D

16. Astroboy747 Apprentice Engineer

Tazoo, you have inspired me to create my own crane/dock/hanger system. The thread is called "Multi-Axis Crane & Hanger Concept - WIP".

17. Tomakze Trainee Engineer

Very, very cool!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.