Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

(Help) - Creating maps

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Corpsey, May 4, 2016.

1. Corpsey

Hi, I just went through Jugbot's world machine tutorial and export my map's files as tif, and now I need them as DDS.

I've done this before but I used to create heightmaps, tree masks, tree maps, and biome's by hand... and I do remember eventually getting a map into ME (it was a flatmap, which is all I wanted), however I forget which format DDS files need to be in order to load.

Instead of saving out every single type of DDS file (which I'm about to go do, because it's easiest for me to just trial and error it at this point), is there some way I can determine what type of DDS format was used on my old files, or which need to be loaded? There are just so many types, and trying the ones I thought would work (16bit height / biome / mask, 8bit treemap) it failed to create the world. Also though, I tried to load my heightmap with the shift+10 functionality and it wouldn't even load the heightmap, so I'm wondering if it even accepts 16 bit heights...

Anyways, any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

P.S. also I found this old version of TextureBuilder and I can't even seem to get that to work... the tutorial said to use TextureTool from the SDK but that no longer dls with the ME SDK.

2. Coggernaut

I know someone who can help you with this. I'm currently writing up a guide (located in signature) that will explain this in the future.

I assume you want to create maps like Regnlise does? He's been working with Shadowfita and they've been coming up with a way to turn the Runescape height map into ME procedural world generator, I'll talk to them and ask if they could help write a guide for this very topic :)

3. OmEgA_StOrM

Hi,
    I would like to get into planet modding is there anywhere a guide with which I can start ?

4. Coggernaut

I dont think their is one at the moment, but I'll link this forum to regnilse :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Regnilse

• Informative Informative x 1