Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Help - DS Auto and Manual Update Not updating to .089 Today

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by Soulthule, Jul 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Soulthule Apprentice Engineer

    Messages:
    362
    My server remains running the .88 version of SE while there was a hot patch. I use the dedicated server tool to also do a manual check and it acts like the server is up to date. I manually through steamcmd updated the dedicated server app which shows the correct version in the dedicated app tool, but when I launch the instance it is still at .88.

    Any ideas what I am failing to do here?

    Update: I was able to apply the server update manually through steamcmd, but not through the Dedicated Server Manager tool.

    Thanks!
     
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. mystiq Apprentice Engineer

    Messages:
    111
    I have same problem with my DS, steamcmd still trying to tell me, the app is up to date... what a liar :)
     
  3. Kieroshark Trainee Engineer

    Messages:
    1
    Having the same issue.
     
  4. Thomas_Jefferson Apprentice Engineer

    Messages:
    333
    Keen needs to change the update script to include the "-validate" tag, that way it forces validation of the server files. It only takes a few extra moments.

    Personally, I run SteamCMD through a CMD shortcut that runs a custom script that includes the "-validate" tag as that's how I update all my DS files for multiple games.
     
  5. Rhah Trainee Engineer

    Messages:
    2
    Do you guys have your server files installed to a custom directory? Does said directory have a space in its name?

    I was having a similar issue, as well. The steamcmd run from the Dedi software always told me it was up to date, but the version number in the title bar was always off. Turns out the auto-updater was always installing to a different directory. If your install directory path name has a space in it, it will give a similar if not identical issue.
    I edited the XML file that dictates the install location, adding single quotes inside the double quotes where it asks for the install path. Auto-updater works fine after that so far.

    File you're looking for is located in the appdata/roaming/SpaceEngineersDedicated/Updater folder, named "UpdateConfiguration.xml"
     
  6. eRazeri Trainee Engineer

    Messages:
    17
    I'm having the same issue, not able to update trough SteamCMD, always just validates as it was already updated.

    EDIT:
    I removed the previous install and downloaded it again with SteamCMD to get the latest version.
     
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.