Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Help with building a massive ship

Discussion in 'General' started by Tamagotchii, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Tamagotchii Trainee Engineer

Don't really know where to post this but here's what I have been attempting to do for quite some time with little success to some success.

I'm attempting to build a 67000 block ship via an automatic welding platform and projector setup..

I have successfully build it 100% complete in 1hr 45min with the platform in creative with the help of the welders instant like welding abilities but the problem is when it comes to survival the mats just cant seem to get to the welders fast enough and there seems to be a huge lag spike but only when in survival. (tried 5x welding speed didn't help either)

also ive noticed the welders range in creative seem to have more radius than survival per say.

so here's the question. is there a way to do this in survival. maybe with the help of a mod that increases the large welder radius by like 4 blocks or so.

goal is to legitimately obtain this 67000 block ship by using 100% resources required to build it so that pretty much rules out creative mode.. and its a mental thing that I don't want to just paste the ship in..

2. ShadedMJ Apprentice Engineer

Have you considered using a build and repair mod? Could enable the mod, build it on a repair ship, fill ship with components, go around building the 67000 block ship, then tear down the repair ship if you don't want to keep it.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tamagotchii Trainee Engineer

Thanks I did a bit of searching on that and came up with the Nanobot build and repair system. Ima give that go..

4. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

There are two mods that do what you want, the nanobot build and repair that you have already found and the Nanite Control Factory which does pretty much the same with some differences in the way it works:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=219757726

The NCF is far more expensive to build and run and there is no small block but the model looks great and IMO is more balanced than the Nanobot Build and Repair.