Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Help with deers / npc spawning

Discussion in 'General' started by anders w, Nov 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. anders w Apprentice Engineer

I've been playing on a server for the last few days and i have not yet seen any deers.

This made me wonder about the spawning rulles, so if anyone knows, i would like to know as well.

Also if there are any known bugs regarding the matter.
    THX.

2. CptTwinkie Master Engineer

They are working. The issue is that most server admins leave the bot setting at 10. This setting is divided between deer and barbarians. So then these 10 bots spawn in the world but they are spread between the players on the server and it very quickly appears that there are no deer.

We are considering increasing the in-game slider to more than 20 (given better performance in 0.6) but the server admins can set it to any number they want. They just have to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. anders w Apprentice Engineer

ok thanks alot.
    i believe the server i'm on currently has it at twenty, and we are around 5 players.

but i was thinking about the the system behind the spawning....

are there better chances in some biomes, and should i stay quiet, stay still and wait or go look for them?

what determines if and when they spawn? :)

will they only spawn near players, and does a group of players have increased chances for them to spawn?

thx

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. CptTwinkie Master Engineer

They spawn near players. I think the selection is random.

5. anders w Apprentice Engineer

ok. back to being patient ;) thx for the help

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.