Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Holy Roman Empire

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by Otto I, May 27, 2015.

?

Would you join or be interested in this idea?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Otto I Trainee Engineer

Holy Roman Empire
    [​IMG]

About The Empire:
    The Holy Roman Empire (Latin: Sacrum Romanum Imperium, German: Heiliges Römisches Reich) was a multi-ethnic complex of territories in central Europe that developed during the Early Middle Ages and continued until its dissolution in 1806. It was an electoral monarchy, in which the elected emperor reigned until death. It's goal is to spread the Catholic faith, and return the greatness of the Roman Empire.

History:
    It is the year 962 CE, and Otto the first is named successor of the legendary Charlemagne. He unites the dispersed German speaking nations of Europe into one supreme nation, the Holy Roman Empire, destined to be the great successor of the old Roman Empire.

Current Emperor:
    Otto I

Kingdoms:
    Duchy of Saxony
    Kingdom of Italy

Allies:
    None

Trading Partners:
    None

Sanctions:
    None

Members:
    Emperor Otto I

Rules:

1. The Holy Roman Empire will be very roleplay oriented. It is also very focused on religion.
    2. The HRE is completely non-sectarian and people of all faiths are allowed to join, but roleplay must be of either Catholic or Protestant faith.
    3. Although it is not required, you should have Bible knowledge. If you don't, you can read it for free online.
    4. Kingdoms of the HRE are allowed to declare war on each other, and kingdoms of the HRE can make alliances with other kingdoms of the HRE or outside nations.
    5. It is mandatory that all kingdoms within the HRE come to the defense of any HRE member under attack from an outside force, although you are not obliged to come to the defense of an HRE member if they are at war with another HRE member.
    6. All inter-HRE wars must be approved by the Emperor.
    7. The Emperor has every right to demand you return any stolen materials and pay for war reparations if you declare war without the Emperors permission and he himself may be inclined to declare war on you.
    8. In order to form your own kingdom, you must pick a name of the kingdom, name of the leader, and government type, and be approved by the Emperor.
    9. Other nations outside of the HRE that already existed are allowed to join the HRE if 90% of HRE member nations support their joining the Empire.
    10. The Emperor has the right to revoke the throne of any dissenting king, as long as the decision is supported by the elector nations.
    11. If the Emperor is defeated in a war from any other HRE member, the victor has the right to claim the throne, although it is recommended you do not as it will weaken the Empire.
    12. Emperor elections occur every three months.
    13. An Emperor can serve as many terms as he is elected.

I wanted to recreate the HRE in Medieval Engineers. They've always been my favorite subject in European history and seeing it come to life and be a part of it would be fantastic. I haven't done too much planning into it, but I'd like to get an idea of how many people would be interested in joining it if I made it.

Keep in mind, the roleplaying will be religiously based, catholic like the HRE was. Our goal will be to spread the Catholic faith and become the successor to the Roman Empire. Now, you don't have to be Catholic to ge in it, hell, I'm an atheist. But you should know some Bible stuffs if you want to get to real positions of power since the Emperor was also the religious leader of the Empire.

I'm thinking of maintaing the electoral monarchy that the HRE had and electing a new emperor every couple of months or so. Although I'll make it more like the US presidential system, and I probably wont have term limits, in case the emperor is really good.

Due to the way the HRE worked, it doesn't have to be 100% run by the emperor. The HRE ran as a large conglomerate of small kingdoms with their own kings or archdukes, that simply followed the emperors command during times of war, other than that they were primarily autonomous. I was thinking that different servers could be different kingdoms within the HRE, all running mainly on their own, but with support from the rest of the HRE.

Let me know if you guys would be interested in doing this, and if you have any suggestions, feel free to leave them below.
    Thank you!

(Also, if anyone is willing to build cathedrals for this, that'd be fantastic! I've built a few churches, but nothing that would suffice for an Empire)

Last edited: May 28, 2015
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.