Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Hooking up timer blocks to keys

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by 333546323, Apr 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. 333546323 Apprentice Engineer

ive had this idea for a while and i think it will help build those cool mech that can walk easier :p.
    my idea was lets say you have a timer to make your bot go forward and you have a separate block to make it go back and turn...ect instead of having timer blocks you can hook them up to your keys, like the timer for forward will be W or the timer for tilting will be E. anyways i think you get the point :p tell me your feedback down below.

2. Allammo Apprentice Engineer

The thing you are talking about has been made by Digi. Look into workshop and search for 'control module'. I'm using just a few mods, one of the most important is control module. Basically you can bind keys to trigger timer blocks and programmable blocks. Previously it was based onto editing block name, but now mod has nice control panel gui, names are used to store preferences. I'm surprised control module hasn't gone vanilla yet. Most stable and useful mod!

Edit :
    Here is a link
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=655948251&searchtext=control+module
    Enjoy :-D.

Edit2 :
    I don't know if you knew about it but, if you really wanna build something so complex like mechs you need to try Corens script called easy automation script:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=694296356&searchtext=Easy+automation+script+
    Combining Digis control module with Corens easy automation scrip gives you limitless possibilities. Scrip might seems to be difficult to use, and at some point it might be... But it's worth it!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  3. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

Nothink agains: button will work only if you hold key on keyboard. +1 you can use it in multiple situations.
    But to make it work as you did describe... you will need somethink like Allammo did write above.

4. 333546323 Apprentice Engineer

Ok tnx for the info ididnt know about this :D this will be verry helpfull tnx

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.