Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Horses

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by AdamShaw1354, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Merandix Junior Engineer

Connect reigns (rope) from a horse's head, via loops on harnesses and/or vehicle if needed, to a chair and bam. Regular chair becomes "cockpit".

• Like Like x 1
  2. mathias casaer Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]

1824 - eugène delacroix

3. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

plot twist; wheat and/or flax become fuel. Adding carrots, there's an idea.

4. Ironsword Trainee Engineer

Yes and if the carrot grows large enough it can be used as a sword!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. CptTwinkie Master Engineer

We are aware that the community wants horses (and water) very much. We have discussed these many times and we will surely continue to do so. When we reach the appropriate time in the game's development we'll make decisions as we always do.

As always, thanks for your ideas!

6. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

7. CptTwinkie Master Engineer

Sorry about that. I was having a little fun. Please see our official policy on trolling http://www.medievalengineers.com/trollingpolicy

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Cetric Junior Engineer

Highly appreciated, Twinkie commenting on our hopes and turning them into *TEEEAASING*... :)
    On the serious side: I can imagine water and horses (or farm animals) being a huuuuge game factor, difficult to implement and causing even more needs of mechanisms and features by their existence once created, but also huuuuge chances in game play which seem extremely rewarding there within. We all want the same: and that is the best Medieval game on the planet.

9. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

agree, @CptTwinkie quote humorously summarizes typical problems the programmers face with implementing these kinds of things, no doubt someone will try it as well as other things no one may have considered yet. Still, its a solid couple of suggestions so I'm never gonna give you up...

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  10. Cetric Junior Engineer

Trouble is, once you have a horse or water or both, after a couple of updates and weeks people will start ranting nevertheless, in the style of "Ey, what I am supposed to do with this, it's not useful... this and that..."
    So *any* revolutionary implementation is causing a rat's tail of new demands and expectations the team fears to be exposed of. Sad, somehow. But this is my guess after experience of 1,5 years in this forum.
    Most of the audience grew up in relative luxury and is used to get served instantly, so that shaped their nagging style in communication once they have to wait for something.

11. Kryjeck Apprentice Engineer

Even if it was a static "Horse" that popped up when you sat in the "cockpit" would be nice for carts, rather then feeling like we are the horse now.

12. Nibs_1983 Trainee Engineer

Wasn't this called a horse collar?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.