Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

how about that Creation Contest?

Discussion in 'General' started by OnePissedOffGamer, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. OnePissedOffGamer Trainee Engineer

You had 100 or so people put a lot of time into making content for your game, and here it is a quarter of a year later with nothing happening. Keen as far as I'm concerned you guys are blacklisted. You can't even follow through for your most dedicated players who we're trying to participate with you.

At least EA released 1000's of Titles before they started screwing over their customers and ruining their games.

I mean, lets be real. SE lost to Five Nights at Freddy's in the Indie game contest for realistic sim. It didn't even receive an honorable mention...

Here is the thing about being a small Indie game company, we can always go back to the larger companies making better games. I hope you guys accounted for the fact that there were almost no good games that came out last year, on top of it being a transition year between console generations. Could this be a reason for SE having the success that it did? Food for thought!

User was banned: Gimmick + alt

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2016
    • Late Late x 1
  2. blizzerd Apprentice Engineer

I dont really understand what you are trying to say? on what level did keen drop the ball? what should they have done differently?

I can understand peoples frustration with early access, there are some real issues with the concept as a whole, but i dont feel space engineers is such an easy example of a massive dissapointment ... far from, for me specifically everything i want in the game is already implemented to at least "usable" degree and new stuff is added in a slow but steady constant weekly update way... i mean maybe you need to be a programmer to appreciate delivering a stable build EVERY WEEK. also the semi endless universe "roughly the size of our actual solar system" map is a seriously hard thing to push in weekly updates... stuff like that take months to code and require tiny but important changes in everything everywhere... and at the same time you will need to keep in mind that other new stuff implemented during the coding of the large universe also has to be changed again when the universe was implemented... i dont even see how they can pull this off without constant all nighters... from a programmers perspective they (at times) move mountains in a week, and i admit that not all weekly updates are this extensive ofc.

then again i use this game as a virtual box of lego's, and yes i am enthusiastic about the more faction/mmo/pvp parts of the game being fleshed out, maybe even AI as rumours go but "as is" it was worth the cash i threw at it already.

But seriously, i am interested in what exactly you dont like about how they did things.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2015
  3. Skeloton Master Engineer

Honestly Im not quite sure what he's on about. I know of 3 contests being or have been done by KSH. The Photoshoot, The Level design and the FanFiction ones.

4. the librarian Apprentice Engineer

rant rant rant, nag nag nag... the name says enough. making an account, saying one thing and leave again..

5. Latsabb Senior Engineer

I would bet money that this dude is Meat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Skeloton Master Engineer

I dunno this guy hasn't nearly the same level of impotent rage as MEAT.

7. Latsabb Senior Engineer

Not yet. He might have kept it in for the first post, and will start ranting about lawyers in the next.

8. Ulfsark Master Engineer

Ok, someone explain to me "MEAT" ? should I do a forum search? o_O

9. Skeloton Master Engineer

He was someone looking to win some GFX card when the rules were remade to prevent cheating. If I remember he was winning at the time and he made this thread that was totally disgusting.

10. Latsabb Senior Engineer

When they announced that the voting process was going to get changed mid voting, the guy, Meat (spelled with some sort of leet combo) went off the handle, cursing at devs and screaming bloody murder. Then he got banned, and he had his steam buddies here e-lawyering and such. A week or so after the debacle, he starting bitching on the steam forums about them not following through by starting the process back up again. (and, to my knowledge, they still havent)

11. soat7ch Junior Engineer

Nah, not worth it. Trust me on this.

12. Skeloton Master Engineer

If they're still going on the steam forums ive yet to see it.

13. Latsabb Senior Engineer

I havent checked the steam forums in quite some time. Like I said, I saw him start the whining back up again a week or so after the whole thing.

14. DDP-158 Master Engineer

Did somebody say Meat?

15. StuffYouFear Apprentice Engineer

Ha, good rant sir!
    Anyway, back to work, gota get this engine finished today so I can pay bills.
    Weird anit it, its almost like because of that Id never have time to make such a rant....

16. Dogen Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. Skeloton Master Engineer

That is one cute cheetah.

18. Spets Master Engineer

I think is the same guy with another account trying to make it look there are more haters out there, is an old war strategy you know. you shot behind the bushes, one or two shots, then move to another position and open fire again, an so on. As you can see, this type of individuals just left a bomb and then never return again, not even trying to reply or justify anything. but we are so stupid that keep this kind of topics alive

19. Latsabb Senior Engineer

Spets: It is too early to say that he isnt trying to fight back, as he made the account today, and therefore needs to wait hours in between posts.

20. Spets Master Engineer

hmmok then...

and by the why, why do you think that creepy horror sim whatever ugly crap game won that indie game content?
    because peediepoo play that

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2015
  21. Latsabb Senior Engineer

Damn Swedes. ;) They ruin everything, I tell you.

22. Sirhan Blixt Apprentice Engineer

Excellent meatballs, though.

23. Thedevistator Senior Engineer

Unless meat is using a new IP address (which is possible) it can't be an alt account and he seemed like a guy who would just rage once and get over with it.

24. DrVagax Administrator

Banned on basis of both being a alt and this being a gimmick account.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.