Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

How to control Mining Carriage?

Discussion in 'Survival' started by SoptikHa2, May 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. SoptikHa2 Trainee Engineer

Hello, I was in my base when I saw "Mining Carriage" somewhere in space. So I've decided to capture it.

When I flew to the ship, I've disabled both generators. Then, I've disabled antenna and gattling gun. After that, I've hacked and re-enabled one of the reactors. Then, I've hacked Flight Seat. But when I'm sitting in my Flight Seat, I cannot use anything! I cannot use any thrusters, I dont see ANY block in control panel (except the one control panel). I cannot turn on innertia dampeners, I cannot turn on/off the ship (the power button is red, so it seems, like it is without power, but I've enabled the reactor!). How can I control it? The ship is going away like 18m/s. My ship was destroyed just before disabling both generators.

How can I stop it? I'm 13km away from my base and I want to get this ship back.

Thanks, Soptik.

// PS: As you might noticed, its my first "raid" ever, so everything will help!

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  2. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

you'll need to find the remote control block...

thats most likely still enabled.
    wouldn't hurt (you) if you destroy any programmable/timer blocks along the way! :D

3. SoptikHa2 Trainee Engineer

Where is the remote control block located? I've searched, but I've found only:
    2 reactors
    2 gyros
    3 large cargo containers
    1 control panel
    1 antenna
    1 beacon
    1 gattling gun

and of course some thrusters... But no remote control blocks, timer blocks, or programmable blocks. Where are they located?

4. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

its been that long since i've attacked one i really wouldn't know.

grinding each block until below the red/blue line and re welding it makes it yours so keep doing that until all the blocks on the ship are yours.
    if you access one and check what blocks are on the list you'll see some are red.

see if you can find remote blocks or timer blocks.

timer blocks themselves tend to make a faint beeping sound

5. SilentShadow Apprentice Engineer

I've taken a few of these. There is no remote control on them. It sounds like you accidentally disconnected the flight seat from the ship.

Did you grind or destroy the block below the seat? I've accidentally done this to other ships I've captured and get the results you speak of.

Simply grind it down and build a new seat anywhere on the ship. Just make sure it points forward.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. SoptikHa2 Trainee Engineer

You were right, the seat was disconnected! Thanks, it helped me alot :)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.