Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

How to get rid of LCD text glow

Discussion in 'General' started by Acolyte, Oct 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Acolyte Apprentice Engineer

There is some sort of annoying glow around the text on all my lcd screens now - I don't know when this happened, I haven't played for a couple of weeks.

It makes the text on the screen harder to read at distance. Does anyone know how to get rid of it ? The same glow is around other lights too, but they don't bother me.

Does anyone know how to turn the glow down/off ?? I can't see anything to help in graphics settings.

2. Seff Apprentice Engineer

If in Creative, F12 to open developer menu, Render Tab, Post Process Bloom, reduce emissivity to 0.800-ish. Or whatever you're happy with. You'll have to redo it every time you load the game.

Otherwise use a skybox mod that reduces bloom.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

I think there is a way to edit cfg files to make that setting permanent.

4. Seff Apprentice Engineer

Only till the next time they alter something in the environment files in a patch or you verify the install through steam. Might as well use the mod if you're looking for permanence.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Acolyte Apprentice Engineer

I found the setting in the developer menu, but I can't shut the menu down afterwards.

When I load into my survival game after I have set the emissivity the developer menu is still there and seems to prevent the world from fully loading, locking up the game.

I need to shut down the menu in creative after setting the emissivity - how do I do that ?

6. Devon_v Senior Engineer

You have to uncheck the options otherwise they stay around even with the menu itself closed.

7. Lothos Apprentice Engineer

the question is WHY do they glow now? they were fine before last weeks patch.

8. Malware Master Engineer

It's simply an artefact of the new renderer. I'm fairly sure it's not intended, and even if it is, it needs adjustment...

9. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

If you're not immediately in front of the LCD panel, the text gets completely blurred out. I hope they resolve this soon.

10. Malware Master Engineer

Agreed, it's absolutely terrible.

11. Acolyte Apprentice Engineer

The emissivity fix works, its just that there is no key that I can find that shuts down the developer menu after I have set it.

Then when I load my survival game, the dev menu is still present and the game hangs.

Of course I agree, it would be best if the emissivity is set to a more reasonable level in the first place.

12. Malware Master Engineer

You must switch the menu off the same way you switched it on.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.