Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

How to set brightening for doors and windows when you mark them

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Nejispo, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Nejispo Trainee Engineer

Hi,
    I need help with modding. My models of hoardings with windows doesn´t work correctly. When I mark the shutter of window it brightening whole block. For this I split the model at wall with roof and hinges, now it is as multiblock and shutter is added as subpart for hinges.

How it is possible to change brightening from hinges to shutter when you mark it ??
    (from main part to subpart or subparts, like it is at vanilla walls)

Thank you
    Nejispo

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  2. CptTwinkie Master Engineer

I'm assuming you are working in Blender. As I understand the problem, Blender only allows you to mark the main part as highlighted, not the sub-parts. The solution is to copy the part you want highlighted to a separate file. Set it to highlight and then import it back to your main file. I've never done this myself and I don't know the first thing about Blender so I can't help with the details. This is how I remember it being explained the first time someone did it though.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.