Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

HOW to UNLOCK Merge Block in research tree ?

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help' started by YAKFLY, May 24, 2020.

1. YAKFLY Trainee Engineer

Hi all folks,
    Everything is in the title.
    May be obvious for some, but :(
    I'm in a survival game, I've unlocked everything except this block....
    Many thanks in advance.

2. Lord Grey Apprentice Engineer

Theoretical, Basic Assembler, Battery and then you find it under the Piston if you switch blocks. Or can you select the merge block but not build it?

3. Roxette Senior Engineer

I believe Lord Grey is confused ... see the in-game progression chart :

[​IMG]

All you need to build to unlock the merge block (circled in green) is either a solar panel or wind turbine. It's an item that has been made simple to unlock because on many multiplayer servers if you start in space it's very important to use a merge block as soon as possible to bond your starter ship to voxel (asteroid) to prevent it being deleted if you lose connection or log out.

4. YAKFLY Trainee Engineer

Thanks for help,
    I know how to unlock normal blocks in research tree.
    But here I've a problem, Piston is unlocked and already built, all blocks in this raw also, but I can't access to MERGE BLOCK in grey.

As you can see in middle window, no merge block but piston available, and top right corner I can see merge block In grey.

[​IMG]

Is there anything to do with survival game mode, game settings?
    Or interference with MODS ? I have only a few game mods in this game, only well known :

[​IMG]

5. Roxette Senior Engineer

It does not appear to be a mod problem. I tested with a new world with all the same mods and the merge block was available as normal. Try accessing it from the other position in the chart as in my screenshot - on the branch from the solar panel & wind turbine. If all else fails look on Keen's support site for existing reports of the problem, consider posting a new report if none exist. Good luck.

6. Lord Grey Apprentice Engineer

Roxett is right. On a side note, old games don't seem to update the progression tree...

7. YAKFLY Trainee Engineer

Thanks to you all, guys, I found the solution with help of Keen support :
    I never realized it, but actually some blocks are in multiple places in research tree.
    Example : Pistons can be unlocked either building:
    - Basic assembler AND battery
    - OR, Solar panel or Windmill.
    My mistake : I thought that Merge Block was unlocked with Pistons because it is located with piston in build blocks.
    I unlocked pistons by building batteries, and because most of the "Solar and Windmill" line was cleared because most of theses components where cleared, but not Merge blocks.

Probled solved, bu I think its strange that some blocks are in two differents places in research tree.
    :tu:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Soup Toaster Apprentice Engineer

Oh well, the important thing is that it got sorted. :)