Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

How would you honor and remember clang of keen managed to kill him?(her? apache?)

Discussion in 'General' started by halipatsui, Oct 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. halipatsui Senior Engineer

How would you honor the allmighty clang if keen managed to somehow subdue him from existance? Would a salty tear roll down your cheek when your beautiful pile of rotors and pistons would not spread all around galaxy under clangs wrath? What would be your small prayer to our lord and saviour (your creation cant feel pain if it is dead). Tell me. And others. Maybe is will satisfy him in his all mightyness.

2. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

I would race dangerously and fearlessly across the mighty deserts of the alien planets full of spiders safe from the fact my wheeled vehicle will go the distance without noclipping underground then exploding.

to my base that uses a locked rotors, pistons and a landing gear based system to pickup the vehicle and place it safely above from the reach of spiders that get threaded by automated turret system.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

There is no fixing Rotors.
    Having said that: i'd probably celebrate by creating the clangiest, smoothest Saucer ever by installing as many individual little snippets of Saucer Rim with as many degrees of slanting as possible.
    On a Small Ship grid. Because i don't like seeing fixed engines. I like breaking engines. All of them. At all times. As loud as possible.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sarekh Senior Engineer

small block missiles being transported into launch tubes, elevators, retracting armour, elevating shuttle hangars, landing gears - I got a ship design for everyone of those, just waiting for the day.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DDP-158 Master Engineer

I wouldn't because it's a forced meme. That and I've barely had an issue with all that stuff compared to others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. halipatsui Senior Engineer

In soviet russia clang forces you!

7. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

so what if its forced?
    what other entertaining thing can we joke about in space engineers other than everything else exploding and the numerous bugs? :p
    part of me feels its the bugs and random shit exploding that keeps have of us around.

like seeing how big or convoluted you can make something before it exploded.

8. DDP-158 Master Engineer

[​IMG]

/puts on sunglasses and leaves room

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. ObjectZero Apprentice Engineer

four words,Piston in a box.

More damage then any warhead I've ever seen.

10. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

How about this? (not entirely sfw)

11. odizzido Junior Engineer

I didn't know that federation warp nacels were nsfw. Madness.

Also yeah watching videos of stuff exploding spontaneously can be fun. Once I landed a ship, locked the landing gears, pulled out my hand drill and as soon as I used it on the ground close to my ship the landing gears exploded like a bomb and the ship flew off into space. I drilled several meters away from the ship but I guess that was close enough that it was parked on ground that was part of the deformation area I was in.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

I know that feeling so well.

happens around 3:10
    and of course i was angry. :p
    spent ages building a base throwing that ship together flying it to that planet only for 3:10 to happen.

note the landing gears going from yellow to black at 3:06

13. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

They are if they're half-naked. Showing some Warp Coil is fine and dandy, almost tasteful, but going full cut-out is just obscene. I appologize.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. DDP-158 Master Engineer

Oooh yeah release that anti matter

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

There is no silencing Supreme Lord Clang, just ask those trying to land the Schiaparelli Lander...

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. allen.traveltech Trainee Engineer

In ME, the clang can get really big so long as I keep stabilizing it. I passed 10500 blocks and it is still growing. The 'explosions' tell me when it is time to increase stabilization.

17. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

You can't kill Klang.

Parse a string... Klang is there.
    Publish an update: Klang is there.
    Suffer a fatal memory leak: Klang... is there.

Klang is the imperfections in our search for perfection.

18. halipatsui Senior Engineer

But clangs wrath can still be killed or fatally wounded bu keen. That is why we must think in advance how to honor our lord and destroyer.

19. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

Oooooooh, ESA burn *holds up a 10 on paper*

20. Devon_v Senior Engineer

Clang cannot die. Clang is the primordial chaos against which the order of the universe is defined. Perfect order would be stagnation, without growth or progress, and Lord Clang would never abandon us to such a fate.

21. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Klang is the alpha and the post mortum.

Klang is every delta and every release.

Praise be to Klang, the patron saint of every employed game tester in the universe.

22. Acolyte Apprentice Engineer

The OP's question is purely hypothetical - Clang will always exist in the angst of anyone who puts one of his modules onto their creation. Even if it doesn't explode you will know that it still might at any time, and that fear is as as big a part of reality as the rest of the Canon of Clang.

Also Keen will not fix the bugs anyway, I have no faith in them.

Does this make me a fundamentalist ? :p

23. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

If they manage to "kill" Klang I shall simply build grander and more elaborate sacrifices to him in an effort to prove he still exists and that no matter what the heathens claim, he is the one true engineering deity.

24. LFCavalcanti Senior Engineer

Okay, this is a forced meme... enough is enough.

I wouldn't honor something that I don't acknowledge it's existence.

25. halipatsui Senior Engineer

But if clang does not exist how can his angels of unholy trinity landing gear piston and rotor exist. These three are certain evidence of clangs existence and there are also ways to summon clang and partially harness his power for evil.
    ps. Clang is a meme that forces you.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.